I'm on the hunt for a high performance CPU cooler(air cooler) within the $100 range.

MrAnonymous999

What cpu, ram, and case are you using?

Where are you shopping / located? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Bequiet dark rock pro 4

I say this because there’s like 4, maybe 5 high end air coolers out there actually worth looking at that are in current production, and 2 of them were already named above 

Or the Be Quiet Dark Rock 4 (non pro version). I'm pretty happy with it and it doesn't take so much space like the Pro or D15. Allthough it may block one RAM slot. I think I can just fit a RAM stick in there but I'm not 100% sure lol. I wouldn't count on it.... 😛 

Thermalright Frost Commander 140 should be tied for the highest performer (with Noctua levels of compatibility for half the price)

1. dominates with most/biggest heatpipes 5x8mm, which you'd need >=8x6mm to theoretically beat.

2  great finstack in line with other best (it's got RAM cutouts, GPU offset, etc, compatibility in line with the best of them). Which also means extremely tall RAM clearance like NH-D15 once you remove the front fan.

3. Decent fans, close to the top in performance/noise (there are some caveats, problem similar to Arctic Bionix, with the frame being flexible, when using screws to mount them, and we don't really know anything about longevity)

5. 158mm height, which is better than other comparable competition

6. Full Black, Full White, ARGB White ( on top of standard gray), with the caveat that all versions not be out yet in the US (need to use taobao/aliexpress)

7. Easy mounting system

Availability is a bit suspect, but price should be ~$60 before shipping for base version. Which is between 50%-100% cheaper than competition, so again as I point out, a lot of time, the front fan will get removed for ram/case clearance, and the temp difference is only 2-3c.

The base heatsinks is so good, that even if the fans disappoint in some way, it's easy to replace them, and they should last at least until a LCP frameless 140mm comes to market. And all of that for less or the same price as competition.

The Best second/backup option is Noctua NH-D15S Chromax (which will be right about $95-$100).

And third Scythe Fuma 2/Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120.

Another vote for Thermalright FC140. I own True Spirit 140 Power as well, has 6x 8mm pipes.. FC140 is better for Zen 3. I also have Le Grand Macho RT.. better than TS140P, but not better than FC140. All that I have mentioned are better than D14 in my experience.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30, 1x TL-B12 Ext.
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB |2x AL-18, 2x KL-12, 1x TY-143