Best High-CFM fans NO RGB!

MechWill
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

$15 isn't going to get you a well known high end, high CFM fan so what you're looking for are budget options. 

You could just throw a bunch of Arctic P12's (or F12's if you can find them) at it and be done with it. The airflow is absolutely "good enough" especially if you're sticking to that budget per fan. 

Best High-CFM Fans? Going for an all-black build so those tan noctuas cannot qualify. They must have NO RGB! Must be under 15 USD per fan. Must be 120MM.

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

Look into Noctuas. 

too expensive and the redux ones don't come in black.

18 minutes ago, MechWill said:

too expensive and the redux ones don't come in black.

Artic p12 or p14 go head to head with noctua fan at much cheaper price. Another favorite option is the mp fans from phanteks.

$15 isn't going to get you a well known high end, high CFM fan so what you're looking for are budget options. 

You could just throw a bunch of Arctic P12's (or F12's if you can find them) at it and be done with it. The airflow is absolutely "good enough" especially if you're sticking to that budget per fan. 

With that budget it's Arctic P12/P14, they are great bang for your buck. Noctua redux gets a nod from me but as you mentioned they are gray/black.

If you up to $20 a fan you can get the Thermal Take Toughfan. Any gentle typhoon knock off will be pretty good from a decent brand.

Where are the fans being used? How much of a concern is noise?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are the fans being used? How much of a concern is noise?

Don't really care about the noise, and the fans are being used as 4 intake and 2 exhaust for my pc with the noctua nh-d15

I've looked into the arctic ones in the local microcenter, but I stumbled across the purewings 2 on the way and they look like a pretty solid option for my price budget. Are the be quiet purewings 2 quiet and reliable?

12 minutes ago, MechWill said:

I've looked into the arctic ones in the local microcenter, but I stumbled across the purewings 2 on the way and they look like a pretty solid option for my price budget. Are the be quiet purewings 2 quiet and reliable?

I'd say they are, though I'm not sure about long term reliability because I only used 120mm BQ fans in my PC for a couple months before replacing them with some larger fans from Noctua

Highly knowledgeable in all the obscure 2000s hardware & software you'll never need to ask about

21 minutes ago, MechWill said:

They're quiet but you mentioned not caring about noise and wanting high cfm. Which is the higher priority? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

34 minutes ago, MechWill said:

Pure wings are solid fans. I had them in my Silent Base 802 before getting Lian-Li SL fans. But for an even more bang for buck, as stated by majority in the thread, the Artic P12s/14s are some crime fighters.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

49 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're quiet but you mentioned not caring about noise and wanting high cfm. Which is the higher priority? 

Definitely the cfm.

After looking at the 30 usd value pack which contains 5 arctic p12 fans, I settled for 2 packs of 5. 

from my under standing of bq fans is they are low rpm like 1000 so cfm is low and quiet. as for build quality they seem good unless you by the ones that are not....

its posable the bq has moved on from slow rpm fans as they finally move on from sealed front cases...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Deleted

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30, 1x TL-B12 Ext.
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB |2x AL-18, 2x KL-12, 1x TY-143

50 minutes ago, MechWill said:

?

I just said something like grab a cheap-o- 120x38 if you want big airflow for cheap.. something consumer fans can never do at that price.. those cheap industrials have all the static pressure and cfm. I used to run 120x38s  from 2006 up until just a few months ago when I switched to iPPC. I used to recommend them all the time, but people were like arctic this and noctua that.. those types of fans are weak to me and have no place in my system 🙂

EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB |2x AL-18, 2x KL-12, 1x TY-143

On 12/9/2021 at 4:38 PM, freeagent said:

I just said something like grab a cheap-o- 120x38 if you want big airflow for cheap.. something consumer fans can never do at that price.. those cheap industrials have all the static pressure and cfm. I used to run 120x38s  from 2006 up until just a few months ago when I switched to iPPC. I used to recommend them all the time, but people were like arctic this and noctua that.. those types of fans are weak to me and have no place in my system 🙂

just searched one up and I am definitely considering it... 190 cfm!? that's insane!

On 12/9/2021 at 4:38 PM, freeagent said:

ya but if you cant buy em cheap, dont no how to hook em up, dont no how to control them, dont like things TOO loud there not for thows people witch most people can agree on. ya there are "400cfm" 120mm fans at like 70 db and 13 amps...

the debate of whats the best rad fan back when we had THicc rads all came to the concussion that its just not worth the moeny for expensive fan for 1-2 degree drop. that's why the 30mm rad thick nes is stander cause cheap crap fans can still work with them.

thinner rads were out performing thicc 120mm rads... that costed like $500 for a push pull with hi static fans...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

My thick fans are just a hair over 100 cfm, so not too loud.. but still loud.