7700k and 3700x. which goes in the gaming rig and which goes in the plex server

I currently have a gaming rig and a plex server. I will soon have a 7700k and a 3700x.

The plex server currently has a 3200g and when watching 4k high bit rate it freezes. It also runs a VM with 20% max CPU set.

My gaming rig is almost exclusively used for gaming and has 32gb 3200 ram and a 3080. I game at 1440p 144hz and have an index I use a lot.

Which CPU should go where?

Have you checked if it's perhaps not the integrated graphics that are making the Plex server struggle (just check the CPU and GPU usage when playing high bitrate 4K)?

3700X seems like a bit overkill for it, but if you want to run more VMs in the future it might be a decent option.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

54 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Have you checked if it's perhaps not the integrated graphics that are making the Plex server struggle (just check the CPU and GPU usage when playing high bitrate 4K)?

3700X seems like a bit overkill for it, but if you want to run more VMs in the future it might be a decent option.

As far as I know plex can't use AMD intergrated graphics,  it can use intels but I've heard there's a quality reduction on GPU 🤔. Definitely maxing out CPU atm