HIGH Power Usage / ANY Program overloaded

BNDLS

Hey! I’m new here! Thought I’d give it a shot and see if someone could possibly make my entire year by helping me out. 
As of a few days ago, I ran a game called RUST with all of the normal settings I have been using for years. I’ve had no problem hitting above 60FPS, but now I’m not able to look anywhere around me without dropping very significant frames (down to 45FPS OR BELOW) 

I have been playing the game as I normally would with task manager open on another monitor, and the power usage is “Very High” which is also new to my usual experience. 
The same situation happens when using FL Studio to produce music even with a simple project file. The CPU will die on me basically. 

SPECS:

i9 7900x

1080TI

600W PS

6 minutes ago, BNDLS said:

Hey! I’m new here! Thought I’d give it a shot and see if someone could possibly make my entire year by helping me out. 
As of a few days ago, I ran a game called RUST with all of the normal settings I have been using for years. I’ve had no problem hitting above 60FPS, but now I’m not able to look anywhere around me without dropping very significant frames (down to 45FPS OR BELOW) 

I have been playing the game as I normally would with task manager open on another monitor, and the power usage is “Very High” which is also new to my usual experience. 
The same situation happens when using FL Studio to produce music even with a simple project file. The CPU will die on me basically. 

SPECS:

i9 7900x

1080TI

600W PS

Hey! I had a similar problem with my 9900kf. How I fixed it was stupid but before I tell you that, Try a new installation of windows. I actually had a bad cpu and had to RMA it which was my fix.

Things to try:

1: A new installation, Maybe daily drive for a week or two if possible.

2: Another thermal solution maybe?

3: Try a different motherboard if possible.

4: Try a different power supply if possible. (helped mine but didn't fix it)

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Okay. So I’ve been doing some testing today. My CPU has been baselining at 60°C when nothing but iCUE4 is open. But it slowly rises. When I have things open my CPU will rise to almost 160°C.

Thats even with my H100i Platinum Fans on extreme with Pump on extreme. 
Could it be that my CPU is just too old now, since I’ve purchased and installed in 2017 or is it the Liquid Cooler from late 2019?

18 hours ago, BNDLS said:

Okay. So I’ve been doing some testing today. My CPU has been baselining at 60°C when nothing but iCUE4 is open. But it slowly rises. When I have things open my CPU will rise to almost 160°C.

Thats even with my H100i Platinum Fans on extreme with Pump on extreme. 
Could it be that my CPU is just too old now, since I’ve purchased and installed in 2017 or is it the Liquid Cooler from late 2019?

None of this is normal and I don't think it's Celsius because it should at least bsod above 110 but 160 would most likely cause a fire. Now if you're idling at 60 degrees Fahrenheit then this is probably fine. If it's indeed Celsius then you may want to do custom liquid cooling or an air conditioner. Try a new board because the CPU is 99% probably not the problem.