Upgrading "Hand-me-down" PC for Little Brother

AdvocateOfNyx

Budget (including currency): Preferably $250 max, maybe $300 plus parts I already have

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, Minecraft, ROBLOX, Apex, etc. 1080p (or less) 60hz

Other details: I'm grabbing some 12th gen Intel while it's cheap and passing down a 4670k to my little brother for Christmas.  There is not a whole lot of time so I'm just trying to throw something presentable together.  Here is what I have/don't have and other information I think is important:

Stuff I have:
CPU - i5-4670k w/ stock cooler

Mobo - Asrock Z87E-ITX

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-2400 CL11 Memory

Stuff I need:
Case + fans - Parents are upset because his PC is super loud.  Currently its server stuff passed down from my uncle's office with a GPU thrown in.  Might be able to bum a normal office PC case off my uncle but if not something super cheap that won't overheat or be a pain to build in would be great.

GPU - Right now he has a GTX 760, the only upgrade I could find that was cheap enough and actually significantly better was a GTX 970.  They go for like $200-$250 on eBay BIN and $150 on auction.  That's like a lot for a card that old but what can you do with GPU prices through the roof at the moment.  I thought about an RX 570/580 but they were expensive, probably still haven't fallen enough from their mining days. If there's anything else around or under $200 to take a look at, let me know.

Stuff I am not sure about:
PSU - I have a Corsair CX 500 collecting dust I could use.  I am not sure if he needs something more powerful to drive the 970.   A Google search tells me 500w on average and a different PSU doesn't really fit in the budget but if it isn't safe to use then it just isn't worth it.

Storage - I think he has and SSD, not sure if he needs more or is good with what he has but just out of curiosity (for both him and I lol) what is the cheapest way to pick up some decent SSD storage? 

Thanks for any and all suggestions!  

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

If you want to go slightly cheaper for a GPU, then you can consider an RX 560 4GB, but I would stick with GTX 970 if you are able to get one for "cheap".

2 hours ago, Ykcud said:

If you want to go slightly cheaper for a GPU, then you can consider an RX 560 4GB, but I would stick with GTX 970 if you are able to get one for "cheap".

Noted, thank you!

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-