Monitor goes black while gaming

David.A

My Monitor which is 1 Year old has started to go black for like 1 seconds every 2min or so while gaming. Sometimes more often sometimes less often. The Monitor is the Alienware AW2520HF. I have changed the Display Port Cable, updated GPU Drivers ands Windows Drivers. Still the same. I have 2 other Monitors and those are fine. This only happens while gaming and more often when its loading something ingame or switching from mission to menu or something. My GPu temp etc is also fine. Anyone know what the reason for this could be?

i had the exact same problem with my dell monitor... i contacted dell and they sent out replacement monitor as mine was still under warranty 

17 minutes ago, crewdem said:

i had the exact same problem with my dell monitor... i contacted dell and they sent out replacement monitor as mine was still under warranty 

ye if i dont find a solution i will do the same

22 minutes ago, Caroline said:

pc specs? include power supply.

have you tried with a different monitor or the same with another computer?

ryzen 9 5900x

gtx 1080

asus strix b550f

32gb gskill tridentz

corsair cp-9020091 650watt

the 2 other monitors connected are working just fine. but havent tried it with another pc. only have a macbook as an alternative

Have you overclocked the monitor in any way? Also what games has this happened on? What I would do is try to change different graphics settings such a refresh rate and Fullscreen settings and see if that solves your problems.

Dell monitors have this issue with G sync, disable it and it will probably go away... if you want G sync there some odd temp fixes I can suggest but it can be tricky.