Need help picking a new phone

YellowJersey

So I've been a dedicated Blackberry Z30 running BB10 for the last 7 years, but I've been informed by my carrier that my phone will no longer work come January. So, I'm in the market for a new handset. I'm pretty privacy focused and am very reluctant to go to android for that reason due to google hoovering up everyone. Is iphone my only choice? What are my alternatives?

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

56 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

I'm pretty privacy focused and am very reluctant to go to android for that reason due to google hoovering up everyone. Is iphone my only choice?

You're kidding yourself if your think Apple is the privacy option. At least as far as Android goes, Google offers some of the best privacy controls out there, especially with on device processing offered on devices like the Pixel line.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

11 hours ago, adarw said:

ios is really the only option but if your willing to lose preformance and getting your hands dirty well theres always a bunch of linux oses https://www.pcmag.com/picks/break-away-from-android-ios-7-free-open-source-mobile-oses-to-try

So maybe a mid-tier android phone and then load up an open source mobile OS is the way to go. TBH, I don't need much out of a phone since I use it primarily as just a phone and the occasional web browser.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy