Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please help with quest 2 not working with steamVR using Airlink

Sebastian riley

I bought my quest 2 black friday and have since had major issues getting it to work with SteamVR whilst using the Airlink feature. I used to own a Rift S, and while I had no issues with it, wanted an upgrade to the wireless VR world.

Using the quest 2 in its wired state I have no issues using SteamVR. Its only when I open up the Airlink feature that the SteamVR mode becomes frozen for me. I launch SteamVR and then I sit in the loading SteamVR world forever. I have attempted to launch games from steam directly by adding it to my oculus library, I have attempted to launch SteamVR, sit in the loading world for a while, and then launch the game independently but nothing.

I have tried to google for a fix but all I have gotten so far is to do the exact same thing I have already done. This seems like a good community to ask about my issue, so please any help is appreciated.

I have always found steam vr and oculus link/air link misbehave. Some things to try:
1) check what is set as the current openXR version, if steam try changing it to oculus and vice versa.
2) If the game supports it try adding -vrmode oculus to its launch arguments.

Hi, u creep