Is PhoenixMiner from BitcoinTalk legit?

I did a Microsoft Defender scan and it said it found "PUA:Win32/Presenoker"
Is that just something that Windows is mistakenly calling a threat or is this sketchy software?
I'm new to this stuff just wanna double check

If you don't know what it is, just quarantine/remove it. Run Malwarebytes or something just to be sure it didn't leave anything behind.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

-> Moved to Folding@Home, Boinc and Coin Mining

Pretty much all miner software are malware in the eyes of your AV since they needs to get access to registry.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Miners will always be flagged as malware. The bitcointalk forum is indeed the only official place to get PhoenixMiner. If you got it from their link on the main post it should be fine. If you got it from anywhere else, it may not be fine.

To my knowledge miners are typically reported as CoinMiners though, so you may want to double check here.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

• 2 weeks later...