S20 FE 4G vs A52s 5G

djdelarosa25

I'm renewing my contract with my carrier and I wanna go back to Samsung since they seem to offer the best software support outside of the Pixels, which aren’t available here unfortunately. Anyway, the choice is between the S20 FE (4G) and the A52s 5G, the latter cheaper by only around 6 USD monthly.

Here's the problem, I'm not sure if the S20 FE if they're offering is the Exynos 990 variant or the Snapdragon 865 one. On their website, it says Exynos 990, but I'm seeing people selling locked units from the same carrier we're on online and the model number is SM-G780G, which is the Snapdragon version. Maybe they did "upgrade" to the Snapdragon chipset and just forgot to update their website. I have to confirm this first.

Anyway, the A52s 5G has three things going for it. The one that matters more to me is that I get an extra year of software updates. There's also the headphone jack, but I think I can live without it. Lastly, 5G. There's no 5G yet where I live. However, I study in our country's capital and 5G is already growing rapidly there (but I don't think physical classes will start anytime soon). I plan to keep this phone for 3+ years and the A52s 5G is more futureproof in the regard. Everything else, the S20 FE wins (except if we're talking about the processor in the Exynos variant, and apparently the digitizer is wack too on that).

What I'm thinking now is S20 FE 4G Snapdragon > A52s 5G >> S20 FE 4G Exynos. What do you guys think?

S20 FE > Any A series.

More than just performance, better display and ip68 dust/water resistance.