Horrible bass from Steelseries Acrtis pro wireless, looking for a fix!

Dandy lad

I bought the Acrtis pro wireless (with gamedac) because I wanted a pair of headphones that were low latency wireless because I wanted it to be connected to my GOXLR.

About youtuber/streamer uses and recommends them and user feedback is very positive which convinced me to get them.

I am very happy with the features of the headphones except the sound, the sound is actually horrendous to me.

For context, my previous headphones was the Sony XM3 which is fairly bass heavy and boomy, which I like.

The Acrtis pro wireless is apparently made to be a very flat which I understand is supposed to be a good thing for production where audio is involved.

But these are supposed to be gaming headphones and I use them for mostly that and listening to music.

While some types of music do sound better with these headphones anything with bass is a horrible experience, either de bass is just gone or sounds very distorted.

This is the first time that I can't listen to certain songs anymore because they are now jarring to listen to.

So my complaint really boils down to the fact that there is no or bad bass on these things.

Originally I thought they were broken and actually send them back to receive a new one but no, this is the actual sound that is engineerd to come out of them.

What I have tried:

- Reinstalling Steelseries Engine/drivers

- Using AUX and PC

- Using optical and USB

- Using Bluetooth

- Switching from game to chat and back to game (chat sounds worse but not much worse)

- Changing batteries

- Restarting my PC

- Using 3rd party EQ software

- Using other PC/Laptops

- Returned it and got a new unit (in case it was broken)

At this point I am just looking for a way to "fix" the sound quality on these headphones, it doesn't matter if it's hardware or software I am just desperate at this point.

Thank you for the reading.

Get a different headset, if you can return them…
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

2 hours ago, Mr-G-Man said:

Get a different headset, if you can return them…

I can't return it which is why I am looking for a solution.

• 8 months later...

Hi, it's a bit late but I was able to find a solution to the problem. Try the EQ settings here if you still have the headphones. It boosts the bass without sounding muddy at all. The EQ software is called Equalizer APO (free)

image.thumb.png.fba22c33f132d329a3022d433920673d.pngimage.png.7e3abcc2ef9e11f1417bbc9012da8a39.png

but dont wonder, maybe your Surround sound wont work with the preset Stereo in the upper right corner of the EQ software. Then just use antoher number of channels