How do i connect two monitors ?

Go to solution Solved by 0fps,
9 hours ago, --SID-- said:

So both monitor and TV have a HDMI connector. RX550 has DVI, HDMI and Displayport. The TV you connect with a HDMI>HDMI cable, the monitor you connect with a Displayport>HDMI cable.

okay thanks ill try that and then let you guys know 

hey everyone i have a few questions im very new to this website thing so i might have messed it up but i dont know where else to ask a question on here. 

so i have a Rx 550 as my gpu and i have one lg monitor. but i want to connect my tv to the same computer awsell and im having some problems with it. 

as you all probably know the Rx 550 has one hdmi port and one dvi port and some other port that i dont know the name of. anyways so ive tried to buy a type c adapter to hdmi since i thought i could conect one to my motherboard (tuf gaming pro) but turns out my ryzen 7 2700 dosent have a igpu so that dint work. so now i bout another dvi to vga adapter (its like a small white block) and tried to connect that to my monitor, however that dint work either and i dont understand why that wouldnt work... i was thinking i need to install some drivers for that adapter but it doesnt have a model name on it or anything so yeah im still lost with that...

but anyways now im still stuck, should i buy another adapter like a dvi to hdmi and connect that to the tv, then i would have one hdmi and one dvi port ocupied on my gpu 

can someone please give me some advice on what to do since i dont really wana buy more adapters that dont wotk and thus wasting more money... 

27 minutes ago, 0fps said:

hey everyone i have a few questions im very new to this website thing so i might have messed it up but i dont know where else to ask a question on here. 

so i have a Rx 550 as my gpu and i have one lg monitor. but i want to connect my tv to the same computer awsell and im having some problems with it. 

as you all probably know the Rx 550 has one hdmi port and one dvi port and some other port that i dont know the name of. anyways so ive tried to buy a type c adapter to hdmi since i thought i could conect one to my motherboard (tuf gaming pro) but turns out my ryzen 7 2700 dosent have a igpu so that dint work. so now i bout another dvi to vga adapter (its like a small white block) and tried to connect that to my monitor, however that dint work either and i dont understand why that wouldnt work... i was thinking i need to install some drivers for that adapter but it doesnt have a model name on it or anything so yeah im still lost with that...

but anyways now im still stuck, should i buy another adapter like a dvi to hdmi and connect that to the tv, then i would have one hdmi and one dvi port ocupied on my gpu 

can someone please give me some advice on what to do since i dont really wana buy more adapters that dont wotk and thus wasting more money... 

Plug your monitor in with DVI and the TV with HDMI? 

The other port should be display port, which is the best connector available… you can get DP (display port) to HDMI adapters if needed, but ideally your monitor would have DP and you just use a DP cable. But if not, I’d use DVI. But, your TV almost certainly has HDMI, does your monitor not have DVI? If so, no adapters needed….

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

You need a DVI to HDMI adapter.
Quellbild anzeigen
DVI is able to carry both analog (VGA) and digital (HDMI) signaling, but neither of them is mandatory. It is "coded" with that "cross" part in the connector. 

In addition, if your card has a DisplayPort connector, you can use this to attach an HDMI monitor, as DisplayPort Outputs also support HDMI. (But you cannot drive a DisplayPort monitor from a HDMI output) DisplayPort is most probably the one you "don't know the name of". (See below)

DisplayPort-rid.jpg

Both should work.

18 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

Plug your monitor in with DVI and the TV with HDMI? 

The other port should be display port, which is the best connector available… you can get DP (display port) to HDMI adapters if needed, but ideally your monitor would have DP and you just use a DP cable. But if not, I’d use DVI. But, your TV almost certainly has HDMI, does your monitor not have DVI? If so, no adapters needed….

hey thanks for the answer the other plug that i dont know is yes a dp one. so ive taken a couple of pictures ill link them down below, however my monitor doesnt have a dp input but it has something that looks like a vga input but im not sure if it is. anyways what i got from these replies is that i should use a dp to hdmi cable or a dp to hdmi adapter. however i still dont understand why my dvi to vga adapter dosent work (i have a picture of it linked down below)

so the pictures i linked is one from my adapter and from my monitor and my tv (sorry for the bad quality :/)

thanks so much for the help thou i really appreciate it allot ❤️

adapter 1.JPG

adapter 2.JPG

monitor.JPG

tv 1.JPG

tv 2.JPG

18 hours ago, --SID-- said:

What exact model?

im not sure. when i tried to figure out what model it is, it says its a LG FULLHD(HDMI)

So both monitor and TV have a HDMI connector. RX550 has DVI, HDMI and Displayport. The TV you connect with a HDMI>HDMI cable, the monitor you connect with a Displayport>HDMI cable.

9 hours ago, --SID-- said:

okay thanks ill try that and then let you guys know 

12 minutes ago, 0fps said:

however i still dont understand why my dvi to vga adapter dosent work (i have a picture of it linked down below)

What happens when you use the DVI to VGA adapter? No video output at all? Some GPU's won't run with HDMI and DVI both being used, its DP AND ONLY 1 of the other plugs. Can you get it working with the monitor using the DVI to VGA adapter and unplugging your HDMI cable so only the one monitor is being used?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

On 12/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, LIGISTX said:

What happens when you use the DVI to VGA adapter? No video output at all? Some GPU's won't run with HDMI and DVI both being used, its DP AND ONLY 1 of the other plugs. Can you get it working with the monitor using the DVI to VGA adapter and unplugging your HDMI cable so only the one monitor is being used?

ive tired that, however even if i have just the DVI to VGA plugged in it still gives me no video output at all..