Sudden crashes under GPU load, worked perfectly fine before

Core i7 10700F

Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 2x8GB

MSI Z490-A Pro

Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB

ZOTAC TRINITY RTX 3080

Corsair RM750 2019

Suddenly my PC began experiencing stability issues under GPU load, whenever the GPU draws too much power, the PSU instantly cuts off with a click.

It works and is stable when I turn down power limits, and this combined with the sudden PSU click makes me believe it could have something to do with my PSU.

It's worked completely fine with no stability issues prior to today.

Any ideas what could be causing this or how to figure out what could be causing this?

Taking a look at GPU-Z, are the voltages supposed to look like that? I've seen 8-pin #2 go up to 13.1V

Screenshot 2021-12-05 083717.png

Edit: Sounds like it's overloading the 12v rail and tripping the PSU, preventing damage. May need to upgrade the PSU unfortunately, I know it's supposed to be enough, but these cards don't play nicely even within NVidia's recommended PSU wattages.

That said, this shouldn't happen with a high quality 750w PSU. Can you still RMA it? I believe the warranty on those is 5 years. 

Maybe, although I have run Cinebench on the CPU without it crashing, while the GPU crashes even when its power limit is set so low that the system is drawing less than it was during the CPU test. Also it's only around 6 months old

I'll definitely want to rule out other variables first

2 minutes ago, Pasha Gaming YT said:

Maybe, although I have run Cinebench on the CPU without it crashing, while the GPU crashes even when its power limit is set so low that the system is drawing less than it was during the CPU test. Also it's only around 6 months old

I'll definitely want to rule out other variables first

It's the PSU, and given how valuable a commodity that 3080 is right now I wouldn't recommend continued testing on a faulty PSU.