PC wont post, constantly power cycles

Hristo M

Hey, so today my 3 month old build died.

What happened:

While i was playing the outer worlds (great game) my pc restarted, no bsod just straight up restart. Ok, weird, nothing in the event log of windows, move on. Another restart within 5 mins. Ok wtf.

After this it went downhill, booted into bios to see if will happen again, it did.

After a few of those, it started instantly powe cycling, not even getting to post/bios. You can hear the psu clicking constantly - rm850x 2018.

Started debugging, removed the gpu, fans, reset bios, remove battery, remove ram, nothing. Attached a speaker to hopefully hear a beep for debug, nothing.

At the moment the system constantly cycles power every second. Ive tried with a spare psu i had (known to be working), same thing there.

Im thinking its the MB or CPU, any help will be appreciated ;(

Part list:

Corsair RMx Series RM850x CP-9020180-EU, 850W, Active PFC, 80+ Gold 

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16

Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD Black

Scythe Fuma 2 CPU Cooler Twin Tower Design

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite V2, Socket AM4

Geforce RTX 3070 TI Gigabyte OC 8 GB

Corsair Case 4000D Airflow

Attaching a video showing the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J8qArWd7reMddlg-sPE8ajpNkH5Iyylt/view?usp=drivesdk

On the video the fans dont stop (earlier video), but now they stop and start constantly. With each test the system was behaving worse.

In your opinion should i return the board for replacement with the seller or try get a different board? This one came with 5800 support out of the box, so it was pretty seamless to setup, but if its a known problem for this series ... I will just avoid ...

On 12/5/2021 at 12:14 AM, Hristo M said:

In your opinion should i return the board for replacement with the seller or try get a different board? This one came with 5800 support out of the box, so it was pretty seamless to setup, but if its a known problem for this series ... I will just avoid ...

Please quote me otherwise I don't know you've replied.

Where did you buy it from? You should at least try to get a warranty replacement.

Its a local provider, im from Bulgaria, not from the US.

I've filed for a warranty service, will see how it goes ... they are incredibly slow to get anything done.