ping not going any lower even when connected to ethernet

karmic tr
Go to solution Solved by karmic tr,

i changed isp ping is even lower that it was a first i no longer need this thanks anyway

i used to play on 30-50 ping in games like valorant and fortnite but about 8 months ago things changed my ping stays  at around 90 to 100 in fortnite and way higher in other games we changed the router but nothing changed what can i do 

Also depends where the game is connecting to a server. If you are using a VPN, the ling will be higher, and if it's connecting to a server that is not nearby, the ling will also be higher.

im using ethernet and my ping is high both in games and in open speedtest  people with my same isp are getting a quarter of my ping i used to also get low ping 

On 12/4/2021 at 12:45 PM, rickeo said:

Are you using Wifi? There are a million variables if so. 

see my reply

It could be your ISP's node is congested or has failed hardware that they haven't replaced in 8 months (you may laugh, but I'm going on 16 months were I live).  It can also be that your modem has a jacked up routing table and it's sending you across the ISP's network to exit.  Have you rebooted your modem or have them reprovision it yet?

11 hours ago, jec6613 said:

It could be your ISP's node is congested or has failed hardware that they haven't replaced in 8 months (you may laugh, but I'm going on 16 months were I live).  It can also be that your modem has a jacked up routing table and it's sending you across the ISP's network to exit.  Have you rebooted your modem or have them reprovision it yet?

i have replaced my modem once and where i live there are only 2 wifi providers most of my friends that live close has perfect ping spanding from 15 to 45 while i am at 90-100

3 hours ago, karmic tr said:

i have replaced my modem once and where i live there are only 2 wifi providers most of my friends that live close has perfect ping spanding from 15 to 45 while i am at 90-100

It could be related to your computer, what type of computer do you have (specs etc)..  I know it is a technical question, but do you have any software installed like "killer networking" (comes with some computers) or other software hat could be applying QOS on your internet?   What type of router do you have?

Do you have another computer at home, does it get the same ping and results on speedtest (while on ethernet?)  If you don't does one of your nearby friends have a laptop where they can try your connection (trying to narrow down if it is your computer or your internet)..

On 12/7/2021 at 10:26 AM, Allan B said:

It could be related to your computer, what type of computer do you have (specs etc)..  I know it is a technical question, but do you have any software installed like "killer networking" (comes with some computers) or other software hat could be applying QOS on your internet?   What type of router do you have?

Do you have another computer at home, does it get the same ping and results on speedtest (while on ethernet?)  If you don't does one of your nearby friends have a laptop where they can try your connection (trying to narrow down if it is your computer or your internet)..

its like this for all devices in my home 

2 hours ago, karmic tr said:

its like this for all devices in my home 

If it is all your devices you are left with the following options.

1.  Your networking setup (are you using a switch or other device in your house?  do you have anything on your network using bandwidth at the same time you are trying to game?

2.  Your networking gear (do you have your own router or just using ISP?)

3.  The ISP modem (you already replaced it)

4.  Your ISP Node as Jec6613 says (you have no control over), if this was true you should have lower pings in "off hours".. is that true?

On 12/4/2021 at 12:41 PM, karmic tr said:

i used to play on 30-50 ping in games like valorant and fortnite but about 8 months ago things changed my ping stays  at around 90 to 100 in fortnite and way higher in other games we changed the router but nothing changed what can i do 

I'm fairly sure ping is negligibly affected by network speed, otherwise I would have far lower ping

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

i changed isp ping is even lower that it was a first i no longer need this thanks anyway