Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fan recommendations and Ram heatsinks.

Cringe123

I want to make my pc look a little better. Im using a relatively cheap case with no rgb. https://www.amazon.co.uk/CiT-Mid-Tower-Single-Ring-Tempered-Water-Cooling/dp/B07G4TZPQK?th=1.. The fans that it comes with complete suck and even on low RPM's make a racket. They're also only 3 pins so I cant use PWM. Does anyone know some relatively cheap (still puting quality first) fans with rgb lighting? My ram is just crucial ram with no heatsink and I want to try out some rgb ram heatsinks to make it look a bit better. I don't know whats good to get though and I cant find any on amazon. Thanks for any help 🙂

How cheap is ‘relatively cheap’?

Arctic P12 0dB ARGB fans aren’t cheap, but they’re not crazy expensive either. Highly regarded as a decent performing, ARGB fan.

What specs is your System/Ram? Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 RGB are going cheap where I am…

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/4JBhP6/crucial-ballistix-rgb-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-bl2k8g36c16u4bl

14 hours ago, Ralfi said:

Arctic P12 0dB ARGB fans aren’t cheap, but they’re not crazy expensive either. Highly regarded as a decent performing, ARGB fan.

What specs is your System/Ram? Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 RGB are going cheap where I am…

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/4JBhP6/crucial-ballistix-rgb-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-bl2k8g36c16u4bl

My ram is just DDR4 2400MHz crucial ram. My motherboard doesnt have argb headers though. Can I use the argb just like RGB ? My budget it 50 - 60 pounds for the fans. I need 6 though 

12 minutes ago, Cringe123 said:

My ram is just DDR4 2400MHz crucial ram. My motherboard doesnt have argb headers though. Can I use the argb just like RGB ? My budget it 50 - 60 pounds for the fans. I need 6 though 

15 hours ago, Ralfi said:

By the way I do have 12 v 4 pin headers.

1 hour ago, Cringe123 said:

My motherboard doesnt have argb headers though.

There are Fan Hubs that connect to RGB (12v 4 pin) headers & convert the signal to ARGB, so any fan connected to the hub can be used as ARGB.

Alternatively, many fans come with both RGB & ARGB pins, so you can use either.

RGB just doesn't have as many options to play with the light patterns. You may not even use ARGB features, so RGB may be enough. 

13 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

There are Fan Hubs that connect to RGB (12v 4 pin) headers & convert the signal to ARGB, so any fan connected to the hub can be used as ARGB.

Alternatively, many fans come with both RGB & ARGB pins, so you can use either.

RGB just doesn't have as many options to play with the light patterns. You may not even use ARGB features, so RGB may be enough. 

I dont mind just using regular rgb, but I would rather use argb. Is there a way to use a seperate controller for argb? I've seen some products that do that to allow argb to work.