New TN Monitor with backlight

Guest FrA123

I recently got my new Samsumg monitor Full HD LS22F350FHL, it`s full hd and has TN Panel, however, when i tried to turn off my computor, the screen went black, and i could see what seems to be backlight, i look my monitor from above, the image seems not to distort, but there is a white light coming throught the ''frame'' of the monitor. Is this a high quality TN panel so it has backlight? or is this just a defective product and should request a replacement?

-> Moved to Displays

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Displays

I'm sorry?

56 minutes ago, FrA123 said:

I'm sorry?

This thread was dumped to General Discussion. The post is there to inform you about the action taken by the moderation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, FrA123 said:

I recently got my new Samsumg monitor Full HD LS22F350FHL, it`s full hd and has TN Panel, however, when i tried to turn off my computor, the screen went black, and i could see what seems to be backlight, i look my monitor from above, the image seems not to distort, but there is a white light coming throught the ''frame'' of the monitor. Is this a high quality TN panel so it has backlight? or is this just a defective product and should request a replacement?

All LCDs, regardless of type, use a backlight. it is required so u can actually see the image.

Each pixel is made up of 3 subpixels of different colored Liquid Crystals. Red, green, and Blue, as current is put through them the crystals align (like a door opening and closing) to allow light through which is filtered to the color of the crystal. The light comes form the backlight, without it u get no image.

Most high end, and all Mid to low end LCDs tend to have an always on backlight (either edge lit or rear lit), this is why they cant produce true black.

Most LCD's also suffer from some amount of backlight bleed around the edges of the display which is what ur seeing. Some can be worse than others.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

This thread was dumped to General Discussion. The post is there to inform you about the action taken by the moderation.

i understand, i`m very sorry for posting it on the wrong place, i always try to post it on the correct place so people can also check my post. I'll be taking more care next time, i also appreciate that you moderators are paying attention to this making the forum more organized and better for everyone, thanks for moving it.

30 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

All LCDs, regardless of type, use a backlight. it is required so u can actually see the image.

Each pixel is made up of 3 subpixels of different colored Liquid Crystals. Red, green, and Blue, as current is put through them the crystals align (like a door opening and closing) to allow light through which is filtered to the color of the crystal. The light comes form the backlight, without it u get no image.

Most high end, and all Mid to low end LCDs tend to have an always on backlight (either edge lit or rear lit), this is why they cant produce true black.

Most LCD's also suffer from some amount of backlight bleed around the edges of the display which is what ur seeing. Some can be worse than others.

Oh I understand, it's a downside of LCDs panels, but does it happen even with TN Panels, because mine is a TN panel, not IPS? i have gotten other TN panels and neither of those had those problems, one of them were way cheaper though. I also have a lot of non Full HD monitors on the office, none of them have this backlight bleed problem, so it might be one the newer monitors. Do you also have those on your monitor? Mine is just a bit on the bottom right corner.

45 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

16386459335616018115309609169978.thumb.jpg.f1a81c3e945b4901281f1f2cd4711bef.jpg

13 minutes ago, FrA123 said:

Oh I understand, it's a downside of LCDs panels, but does it happen even with TN Panels, because mine is a TN panel, not IPS? i have gotten other TN panels and neither of those had those problems, one of them were way cheaper though. I also have a lot of non Full HD monitors on the office, none of them have this backlight bleed problem, so it might be one the newer monitors. Do you also have those on your monitor? Mine is just a bit on the bottom right corner.

It can happen to any LCD, be it TN, IPS or VA. its hit or miss, though some models are known to be worse than others. Its a quality control thing.

You can try to DIY fix urs, pinch the bezel see if it helps, if it does find the screw on the back on the monitor near that location and tighten or loosen it.

If u cant fix/reduce it urself then the only thing u can do is send it back and get another one and hope its better.

15 minutes ago, FrA123 said:

Do you also have those on your monitor?

Im using an old Plasma TV .. no backlight.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |