Edge and Chrome closing randomly unexpectedly.

grenadier_09

As title states, I stopped using Chrome about 4 months ago because it started randomly just closing. it wouldn't read it crashed it just closed, I would reopen and then hit restore pages, but it became very annoying. Then I switched to Edge and I actually enjoyed it and had no issues with it, it actually used less resources but then about a couple days ago, it started doing the same thing. I cleared cookies, cache in both,  and browsing history. I have updated both browsers but it still just closes. No freezing, just out of nowhere closes. I'm wondering if any hardware could be related? I also don't want to do like a fresh install. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

If you dont share any hardware we're speaking of no one will even know if thats it. 😉

Also share some info on your software too. The more the better.

Have you also tried backing up your data and then completely removing the browser and re-installing it?

And maybe the better Firefox will work well for you. 😄

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

so yes I have Uninstalled chrome and reinstalled and still the se issue occurs.  I'm not opposed to using Firefox but I'm wondering if it would happen with that one too since it happened with both edge and chrome. I do have 16gb ddr4 Ryzen 5 5600x, 3070, 250gb crucial nvme drive as the boot drive. I have also cleared Temp files and such. 

6 minutes ago, grenadier_09 said:

both edge and chrome

The two are chromium based browsers, so it isn't unusual for one issue to occur with the other.

I had an issue where Edge and Chrome, both would be extremely sluggish after the laptop was woken from sleep, but it didn't continue in Firefox, which I assume is because it was a Chromium-only issue and FF isn't a Chromium based browser.

E: Also, friendly reminder, use the quote button below a post to ensure the other person gets notified of your reply!

It's this button below a post

image.png.0da3d5196f5a0a333b9915f023801088.png

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

6 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

The two are chromium based browsers, so it isn't unusual for one issue to occur with the other.

I had an issue where Edge and Chrome, both would be extremely sluggish after the laptop was woken from sleep, but it didn't continue in Firefox, which I assume is because it was a Chromium-only issue and FF isn't a Chromium based browser.

E: Also, friendly reminder, use the quote button below a post to ensure the other person gets notified of your reply!

It's this button below a post

image.png.0da3d5196f5a0a333b9915f023801088.png

ok thanks, and I may have to Swap to Firefox because browsing just keeps getting interrupted

33 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

If you dont share any hardware we're speaking of no one will even know if thats it. 😉

Also share some info on your software too. The more the better.

Have you also tried backing up your data and then completely removing the browser and re-installing it?

And maybe the better Firefox will work well for you. 😄

so yes I have Uninstalled chrome and reinstalled and still the se issue occurs.  I'm not opposed to using Firefox but I'm wondering if it would happen with that one too since it happened with both edge and chrome. I do have 16gb ddr4 Ryzen 5 5600x, 3070, 250gb crucial nvme drive as the boot drive. I have also cleared Temp files and such. 

11 minutes ago, grenadier_09 said:

I'm not opposed to using Firefox but I'm wondering if it would happen with that one too since it happened with both edge and chrome.

Yeah while i can understand that point.

The reason i advised it, because chrome as well as Edge use the Chromium platform as a base for their browsers.

(Only reason Edge became any good is they using google's code to make it work. hehehe).

Firefox uses a base thats called Quantum browser engine.

Just uninstalling/reinstalling the browser will still keep your user profile, you have to delete that maually otherwise you're back to the same point and any extensions /crap that might cause it is still going to be there.

https://atomicit.ca/kb/articles/reset-chrome-to-default-settings-without-reinstall/#:~:text=If you want to remove,That's it!

Did you install an extension in Edge that you were using in Chrome before it started crashing too by any chance?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

11 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Just uninstalling/reinstalling the browser will still keep your user profile, you have to delete that maually otherwise you're back to the same point and any extensions /crap that might cause it is still going to be there.

https://atomicit.ca/kb/articles/reset-chrome-to-default-settings-without-reinstall/#:~:text=If you want to remove,That's it!

Did you install an extension in Edge that you were using in Chrome before it started crashing too by any chance?

I cleared all extensions from both browsers and i will try that and see if it does anything 

21 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

This is very correct, and also what i meant with completely remove.

I'm sorry for not being more clear about this.