ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus vs Gigabyte GAMING X?

sdw123

I know Giga got some Bios problems. But other than that do you think Tuf worth extra $50 with a 12600K?

16 minutes ago, sdw123 said:

I know Giga got some Bios problems. But other than that do you think Tuf worth extra $50 with a 12600K?

If Gigabyte still follow the Gaming X being the value overclocker motherboard, it could be worthwhile. Weigh what you can buy with that 50$.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Gaming X line has always been great value for money. Don't think you can go wrong with it unless the TUF has extra features you'll need.

Asus by far for Intel 12th Gen. Gigabyte BIOS is very buggy and bad even on the Aorus Master Z690 for Intel 12th gen from experience.

For AMD Zen 2/Zen 3 it is the opposite Higher and middle end bards Gigabyte is better than ASUS in quality and stability. BIOS may be  less user friendly but things you need are there and the boards are better.

I had an Asus B550-E and memory stability for 3600MHz FRA was a joke. Could not even boot. A Dark Hero I had always seemed to give a temperature crash warning on bootup due t overheating when the system was never overheating at all. With the Gigabyte X570/B550 AOrus Master and X570 Aours XTREE solid and stable as a rock.

Is it just me, or is Gigabyte really superior for AMD Z570 and B550 on the middle to higher end and Asus is far superior for Intel Z690 on the middle to higher end??

But for the OPs question for Intel 12th Gen Alder Lake go with Asus especially if DDR4. I heard DDR4 Gigabyte boards are disastrous with Alder Lake. I even had issues with a DDR5 Z690 Aorus Master board BIOS with regards to setting clock frequencies manually so the clock speeds do not throttle in WIndows 10 even on Ultimate Performance Power Plan. No such issues with Asus Tuf nor Rog Maximumus Hero.