Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does windows enhanced cursor precision stack with ingame mouse acceleration?

nelska

I figure you'd want to enable one or the other not both if you are going to use it?

Sometimes, yes, if the game does not use "hardware cursor". Most well-written games either use hardware cursor or have an option to use it or not, but some older games or those without that functionality may stack acceleration on top of acceleration.

This is why it is recommended to disable Windows's mouse acceleration (uncheck "Enhance pointer precision") and set the speed to exactly 6 clicks in the mouse control panel applet. If you need to adjust your mouse speed, you should then rather use the DPI settings on your mouse instead of Windows's settings. This should give you the best compatibility with old and modern games and ensure that your mouse isn't being messed with.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, Husky said:

Sometimes, yes, if the game does not use "hardware cursor". Most well-written games either use hardware cursor or have an option to use it or not, but some older games or those without that functionality may stack acceleration on top of acceleration.

This is why it is recommended to disable Windows's mouse acceleration (uncheck "Enhance pointer precision") and set the speed to exactly 6 clicks in the mouse control panel applet. If you need to adjust your mouse speed, you should then rather use the DPI settings on your mouse instead of Windows's settings. This should give you the best compatibility with old and modern games and ensure that your mouse isn't being messed with.

I have a clutch button with 5 stages and found if I set windows to 6/11. and turn mouse acceleration on ingame it really brings out the ability to clutch my aim in fpsers. I usually never use it but in the new halo infinite it makes the entire game feel more classic to how it feels on controller instead of mouse and keyboard. it gives the mouse more of a joystick feel. I have an analog keyboard so it plays very well. hahaha

1 minute ago, nelska said:

I have a clutch button with 5 stages and found if I set windows to 6/11. and turn mouse acceleration on ingame it really brings out the ability to clutch my aim in fpsers. I usually never use it but in the new halo infinite it makes the entire game feel more classic to how it feels on controller instead of mouse and keyboard. it gives the mouse more of a joystick feel. I have an analog keyboard so it plays very well. hahaha

Yeah I suppose it depends from person to person. Some people absolutely despise acceleration and want nothing to do with it in games (like me), while others actually find it helpful and even play better with it. I suppose it just depends on what makes the most sense for you, and the only way to find out is to play with both and test to figure out which way you prefer. 🙂 

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

3 hours ago, Husky said:

Yeah I suppose it depends from person to person. Some people absolutely despise acceleration and want nothing to do with it in games (like me), while others actually find it helpful and even play better with it. I suppose it just depends on what makes the most sense for you, and the only way to find out is to play with both and test to figure out which way you prefer. 🙂 

yeh, i would never use it in csgo. but in a hip shooter like halo its practically necessary. Its on and off different with it. I was dropping entire magazines into people and not getting kills until i turned it on. something to do with just how spartans work. the engine of the game haha

EDIT: also after a test I solved the issue. with both enabled it even lags. but with windows precision on its not as accurate. so to use it just on in game is the way to go!