issues with my HPE DL360 G7 servers

Hello, i yet have another issue i present to the users of ltt forms i have a slight issue with my servers i tried to put all the ram into one unit but something happened and its giving be ram errors every time i try starting it any help would be great

Could you list out all the exact part numbers and model specs of every ram DIMM you have, It's probably a ram mismatch issue as you can't mix different DIMM ranks.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Could you list out all the exact part numbers and model specs of every ram DIMM you have, It's probably a ram mismatch issue as you can't mix different DIMM ranks.

yeah i can take a look just give me a few mins

1 hour ago, Comedy2Gamer_official said:

had to do it this way was not gonna type all the info of 16 dimms

That's fine, images are just as good tbh. At least for what I want to check quickly.

2 hours ago, Comedy2Gamer_official said:

had to do it this way was not gonna type all the info of 16 dimms

Sadly only one of the pictures was clear enough to make out the part number.

PN: 500205-071

HP 8GB (1x8GB) Dual Rank x4 PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) Registered CAS-9 Memory Kit

They all appear to be exactly the same though, you able to confirm that? Check the right hand sticker with the HP logo on it.

The next most likely cause is you actually need to populate the slots in a particular order, this is usually shown on the server chassis lid so check that and follow the instruction on there. It won't boot if you don't populate them the way it likes.

You have 16 DIMMs correct?

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02208506

Scroll down to this example "Standard memory replaced with optional memory (2 CPU model)"

Oh also just put 1 DIMM per CPU in, in the correct slot, boot the server and go in to the iLO configuration and get that working. Then plugin your iLO network port then browse to it's IP address in your browser and login to it. There it'll actually give you a detail error of the problem.

Don't forget to reset the iLO password while in the iLO configuration.

Note iLO configuration is not found in the BIOS, it's a boot prompt so watch the screen and press the button it says when it comes up (F8).

12 hours ago, leadeater said:

Sadly only one of the pictures was clear enough to make out the part number.

PN: 500205-071

HP 8GB (1x8GB) Dual Rank x4 PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) Registered CAS-9 Memory Kit

They all appear to be exactly the same though, you able to confirm that? Check the right hand sticker with the HP logo on it.

The next most likely cause is you actually need to populate the slots in a particular order, this is usually shown on the server chassis lid so check that and follow the instruction on there. It won't boot if you don't populate them the way it likes.

You have 16 DIMMs correct?

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02208506

Scroll down to this example "Standard memory replaced with optional memory (2 CPU model)"

yes i have 16 dimms