Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

creating a new pc built around this motherboard and would like suggestions on the ram graphics card etc

terabase
 Share

i already am using a 1650 OC i just need help cuz dum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any reason you're going for 10th gen intel? 12th gen isn't much more expensive and way better imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

that why im making this, because im only guessing what to get, please help lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11900K is probably one of the worst value CPU of recent years. I'd go with 12700K (12900K if you're a heavy multitasker). Here is what I would recommend:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($418.49 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($152.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB OC Formula Video Card  ($1559.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($204.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2946.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-03 16:10 EST-0500

 

I'd go 6900xt over 3090 mainly due to price. Their performance is relatively the same except for ray tracing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or alternatively AMD:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($483.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($152.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB OC Formula Video Card  ($1559.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($204.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2951.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-03 16:15 EST-0500

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

11900K is probably one of the worst value CPU of recent years. I'd go with 12700K (12900K if you're a heavy multitasker). Here is what I would recommend:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($418.49 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($152.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB OC Formula Video Card  ($1559.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($204.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2946.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-03 16:10 EST-0500

 

I'd go 6900xt over 3090 mainly due to price. Their performance is relatively the same except for ray tracing.

thank you, alternativly the graphics card isnt what im scared about since i think i can work around the price (using a bot tho i dont scalp) but wouldnt it be better to use an i9 over an i7?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on your use case. The i7-12700K will beat any 11th gen processor so I wouldn't worry about it. The only difference between the i9-12900k and 12700k is that the i9 has 4 extra e cores. The e cores is not really useful for gaming applications, but if you're work load is more heavily multi-thread it will help. If you also tend to have a bunch of other programs running at the same time it can be beneficial. For most people though, I would say the 12700K is plenty for today and the future.

 

For your information:

 

i9-11900k is 8 cores, 16 threads (not much better than i7-11700k)

 

i7-12700k is 12 cores, 20 threads (8p + 4e cores)

i9-12900k is 16 cores, 24 threads (8p + 8e cores)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Depends on your use case. The i7-12700K will beat any 11th gen processor so I wouldn't worry about it. The only difference between the i9-12900k and 12700k is that the i9 has 4 extra e cores. The e cores is not really useful for gaming applications, but if you're work load is more heavily multi-thread it will help. If you also tend to have a bunch of other programs running at the same time it can be beneficial. For most people though, I would say the 12700K is plenty for today and the future.

 

For your information:

 

i9-11900k is 8 cores, 16 threads (not much better than i7-11700k)

 

i7-12700k is 12 cores, 20 threads (8p + 4e cores)

i9-12900k is 16 cores, 24 threads (8p + 8e cores)

and im not very familiar with amd's side of cpus are they any better then intel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, terabase said:

and im not very familiar with amd's side of cpus are they any better then intel?

Right now, it's more like what flavour of ice cream do you like? Both are good and within spitting distance of each other. Ryzen 5000 series is at end of life so probably is more stable, while the 12th gen intel is newer architecture and might have some teething issues. If you're looking a pure performance though, intel 12th gen is the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

either one would work well with the 3090, but I would lean towards the 12th gen intel because it's faster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

either one would work well with the 3090, but I would lean towards the 12th gen intel because it's faster.

so like can u give me a good build to save up for/ buy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

what do you need the computer for? 

 

are you a heavy multi-tasker? (i.e. running a bunch of programs at the same time)

 

single or multiple monitors?

 

what resolution do you plan to run? (1080p, 1440p, 4k)

 

how long do you want to keep the build before upgrading stuff?

 

hard to recommend a build without knowing any of these factors. I'd just go with my first post if you want to be safe:

 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Lee said:

11900K is probably one of the worst value CPU of recent years. I'd go with 12700K (12900K if you're a heavy multitasker). Here is what I would recommend:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($418.49 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($152.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB OC Formula Video Card  ($1559.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($204.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2946.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-03 16:10 EST-0500

 

I'd go 6900xt over 3090 mainly due to price. Their performance is relatively the same except for ray tracing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

what do you need the computer for? 

 

are you a heavy multi-tasker? (i.e. running a bunch of programs at the same time)

 

single or multiple monitors?

 

what resolution do you plan to run? (1080p, 1440p, 4k)

 

how long do you want to keep the build before upgrading stuff?

 

hard to recommend a build without knowing any of these factors. I'd just go with my first post if you want to be safe:

 

 

1440p i plan to game/multi task i want more then one moniter and i plan to keep this for awhile since ima get the 3090

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go with something like this then:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($619.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($112.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($152.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GAMING Trinity OC Video Card  ($3172.46 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($204.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4762.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-03 17:55 EST-0500

 

This should last you quite awhile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

I would go with something like this then:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($619.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($112.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($152.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GAMING Trinity OC Video Card  ($3172.46 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($204.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4762.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-03 17:55 EST-0500

 

This should last you quite awhile.

tysm man, means alot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×