what is cheapest 500gb or 1t ssd on market?

aqarwaen29

does anybody know what is atm cheapest ssd u can buy?i dont care about nand,controller,write/read speeds  or brand name..the more cheaper the better it is for me..also if they fail data stored and lost in there is no issue for me..

and it needs to be ssd and not any hdd

IF you want the cheepest possible, you get slower than hdd.

Im confused, if you dont need speed or data security what are you even doing?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, aqarwaen29 said:

does anybody know what is atm cheapest ssd u can buy?i dont care about nand,controller,write/read speeds  or brand name..the more cheaper the better it is for me..also if they fail data stored and lost in there is no issue for me..

and it needs to be ssd and not any hdd

The cheapest ones are worse than just a regular hard drive in terms of speed and not really more reliable whilst still being more expensive than a hdd.

So start with like a solid ssd like a wd blue SATA or mx 500.

Go to retailers site, select ssd, select size, sort by price.

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

IF you want the cheepest possible, you get slower than hdd.

Im confused, if you dont need speed or data security what are you even doing?

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

The cheapest ones are worse than just a regular hard drive in terms of speed and not really more reliable whilst still being more expensive than a hdd.

So start with like a solid ssd like a wd blue SATA or mx 500.

In some workloads, but for things like bootup speed, app load time, updates, swapping to disk and most other desktop use cases a bottom tier ssd would be better. Ive done some testing with a qlc dramless sata ssd and its still better for most uses than a hdd.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Go to retailers site, select ssd, select size, sort by price.

In some workloads, but for things like bootup speed, app load time, updates, swapping to disk and most other desktop use cases a bottom tier ssd would be better. Ive done some testing with a qlc dramless sata ssd and its still better for most uses than a hdd.

Qvo 860 from samsung was ONLY faster in the tiny operation random access everything else it was just slower. Day to day use you could've fooled me what drive I was using and for games loading was awful for the big AAA ones.

Genuinely don't recommend it and to just spend that 10$ more on a much better drive.

18 hours ago, aqarwaen29 said:

dont care about nand,controller,write/read speeds  or brand name..

why do you want a ssd then as it will be slower than a mechanical drive, since it wont have a dram cache, and a ssd with dram cache which will be much faster cost only 10 bucks more than without one?

I'm just wondering why you deliberately want the slowest drive possible instead of spending 10 bucks more and get a really fast one, or are you just not aware how ssds work? 

18 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Ive done some testing with a qlc dramless sata ssd and its still better for most uses than a hdd.

Yes, when its new, after 1-2 years you'll get ~30mb write/read on dramless ssd, which is *really* slow (happened with 2 different "Kingston" drives)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity