Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New to ultrawide - software suggestions?

eltharynd

Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

Sure you can just run a borderless 16:9 window that takes 2/3 of your screen and run your chat etc. on the rest. There is no particular software i'm running, but many different games need different fixes depending on in what way they have to be fixed. I just posted a few days ago in a different thread about what type of fixes you should expect:

So today I'm getting an ultrawide monitor...
This is the first time I get one cause i was always hesitant...

So for all you veterans, how do you play games that don't support it? 
I plan to play and stream a LOT of games that don't support it, is there a way to have a borderless window centered on screen while still be able to have, say, obs on one side and discord on the other side? 

Any other software util you guys use a lot? 

ty in advance

Sure you can just run a borderless 16:9 window that takes 2/3 of your screen and run your chat etc. on the rest. There is no particular software i'm running, but many different games need different fixes depending on in what way they have to be fixed. I just posted a few days ago in a different thread about what type of fixes you should expect:

About monitor marketing BS

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C