PC Crashing Under Prolonged load. CPU or GPU issue?

Cooper0302

So I've noticed my system starting to crash during prolonged workloads, more specifically no bsod just freeze for 10-20 sec then restart. When I goto work I set my pc to mine on nice hash. I have not overclocked my gpu and my cpu has the default overclock enabled in the bios. It is not over heating (used hwinfo logging) or memory. I have used memtest and pc-check diag software for prolonged tests, I used to be able to create a crash with pc-check but it runs fine now after I did a fresh win 11 install during my troubleshooting. but it still crashes mid way through the day while mining again with no overclock. I'm at my wits end and cant figure out what is the cause. My main suspicion is gpu as the led's are not working and giving me errors in signal rgb, icue and armory create (all running separately without the others installed in each occasion). I tried looking at the mobo error readout but I haven't had the issue happen while I was paying attention and idk if I can find error logs anywhere, also the win reliability monitor is useless and doesn't show specifics just that win crashed. I'm thinking on getting a warranty replacement on either my gpu or cpu if possible but I want to figure out the actual issue first. Thanks in advance, any and all help is appreciated. If you need further info from me I will provide anything that would be useful. I didn't know anywhere better to ask such an advanced question.

I would recommend under clocking the GPU core and memory, and manually set the fan speed. Maybe check the logs for voltage drop, maybe the PSU is giving grief.

Is this custom built?

Typically this is a power issue so rather PSU, the most important part in any pc, than gpu or cpu. Could also be any overclocks , RAM also can cause crashes under certain loads. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Broski said:

I would recommend under clocking the GPU core and memory, and manually set the fan speed. Maybe check the logs for voltage drop, maybe the PSU is giving grief.

Is this custom built?

It is a custom build and I checked the entire log and everything was consistent no drops or jumps that weren't within regular operation. Also the psu is a Corsair AX 1000 W 80+ Titanium so I'd be very surprised if it was the psu. I can monitor power draw too because I have a ups for power outages. Although now that I'm thinking of it I did leave it default with the silent operation mode... gunna try tuning that off today. If that fixes it I'll be indented to you.

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Typically this is a power issue so rather PSU, the most important part in any pc, than gpu or cpu. Could also be any overclocks , RAM also can cause crashes under certain loads. 

like mentioned to the post above I have a Corsair AX 1000 W 80+ Titanium psu so that shouldn't be the issue but I do have it in silent operation mode so I'm going to turn that off to see what happens. Thanks.

I would use TeamViewer from my phone to remotely monitor the system.