TUF Gaming z690 m.2 heat spreaders

Vandey

Just recently bought a MP600 1TB m.2 from Amazon on cyber Monday. Should I remove the heatsink and use the spreader on my mobo or install it in a different m.2 slot and use the heat sink or ditch the internal spreader all together and use the main slot?

3 minutes ago, Vandey said:

Just recently bought a MP600 1TB m.2 from Amazon on cyber Monday. Should I remove the heatsink and use the spreader on my mobo or install it in a different m.2 slot and use the heat sink or ditch the internal spreader all together and use the main slot?

yes,

I got 2 of those (one 1tb and one 500 gig) under my x-570-E strix  heat spreader. They are a little cool (average 39C) but they work like a charm. Don't forget to peel the heat pad during install.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

7 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

yes,

I got 2 of those (one 1tb and one 500 gig) under my x-570-E strix  heat spreader. They are a little cool (average 39C) but they work like a charm. Don't forget to peel the heat pad during install.

So remove the pads pre-installed on the corsair spreader? Not sure I follow what you mean.