looking for pc build suggestions

Geotree

Budget (including currency): 1000-2000 $USD Cheaper the better

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Blender, hopefully a bit of vr, moderate gaming

Other details need keyboard and monitor, but I can really just do the keyboard on my own, upgrading from a laptop that really shouldn't  be used for the stuff I do.

so me and my dad are planning on building a pc together, and the plan is to make it sometime this summer, I'd perfer that the cpu has a good mix of cores and clock, and the gpu is pretty good, perferably 1060 or better, current idea for cpu and gpu is an i5-9600kf and GTX 1660, though I'm not very avid in the workings of pc parts.

Wait for summer there will probably be newer stuff on the market by then. Also, don't get 9th gen intel. They're really not worth the money

If you're planning on doing it in the Summer, wait for the summer. A month is more than enough time for stuff to change drastically with computers, 9 months is relatively speaking an eternity, and stuff that doesn't make sense now will make sense then, and vice versa. 

Nvidia is set to debut 40xx series cards early next year (in theory), depending on timing, you could maybe procure a mid tier version of this card and not have to overpay for a 1650, but it depends on how quickly scalpers jump on new stock.  They could also try to offload the 30 series cards they've been hoarding (and smarter people haven't been buying) to then acquire the 40 series.  Just speculation at this point, no idea.

13 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you're planning on doing it in the Summer, wait for the summer. A month is more than enough time for stuff to change drastically with computers, 9 months is relatively speaking an eternity, and stuff that doesn't make sense now will make sense then, and vice versa. 

1060 and 1660 can be fine, but a bit on the lower end if you also are going to do VR.

I mean they work? and it depends on what you need them most for or wanting the most. There can be better multi-tasking CPUs if that is wanted or future price drops or changes by next year hardware.