TeMbI4

Hi, need help... 

My setup:

CPU i7 8700k

GPU Gigabyte 3080ti vision OC

RAM Corsair 16GB 2*8 dual ch 3000 MHz 

PSU 1000w platinum

Mother MSI Z370 A pro 

Win10 pro 64 latest update, latest drivers, latest mother BIOS.

The issue is I'm getting 20 - 40 cpu/gpu utilisation in most of games, thus my fps is not as good as it should be like 100 - 150, drops to 60( when that happens cpu/gpu 15-25% ). Settings Ultra 1080p. I'm after more fps than resolution

Poorly optimized games have these issues. What you described here sounds just like that. Also, I could be wrong, but that cpu might be bottlenecking a 3080 ti.

Ryzen 9 5900x | ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | H150i Elite | T-Force XTREEM 3600mhz CL14Corsair 5000D Airflow

51 minutes ago, TeamBeasted said:

Poorly optimized games have these issues. What you described here sounds just like that. Also, I could be wrong, but that cpu might be bottlenecking a 3080 ti.

This is likely, it can be varied game to game..

Also.. your RAM SPD isn't exactly fast spec,..to feed that CPU/GPU platform...having lower minimums (drops harder) than faster stuff..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

4 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

This is likely, it can be varied game to game..

Also.. your RAM SPD isn't exactly fast spec,..to feed that CPU/GPU platform...having lower minimums (drops harder) than faster stuff..

Tried boosting ram up to 3333 and 34xx does not change a thing 😞

3 hours ago, Broski said:

Temps and everything ok?

Tried maxing out a culler temps 50-60 , did nothing, though I tried lowering cpu power by 5% and 10% that rised fps in some games 40%+ ????? I'm lost :(

It could be the cpu not boosting normally.  Have you tried setting your power profile in windows to max performance? 

Check your vrm temps. If it got better with less cou voltage, maybe they are getting hot.

4 hours ago, Broski said:

Check your vrm temps. If it got better with less cou voltage, maybe they are getting hot.

Sorry , my bad , i've tested it a little more with power changes to a CPU, and it does not make a difference 😞

I've tested everything I could think of... , and now I'm afraid it is bad CPU, the only scenario when it loads to 100% it's a benchmark tests. In all other scenarios ,the CPU load is only goes up to 40%. I even tested CPU in CS:GO ,where I can get only up to 300 FPS, but 8700k suppose make 800-850fps ...

Tested CS:GO again on min settings FPS up to 400

16 minutes ago, TeMbI4 said:

I've tested everything I could think of... , and now I'm afraid it is bad CPU, the only scenario when it loads to 100% it's a benchmark tests. In all other scenarios ,the CPU load is only goes up to 40%. I even tested CPU in CS:GO ,where I can get only up to 300 FPS, but 8700k suppose make 800-850fps ...

You would only see 100% CPU load on games that support multithreading to the point of using all your cores.  At ~30% CPU load means around 3-4 of your cores are being used.  This is common for most games.  CS:GO you will never see 100% CPU usage, it is not a heavy multithreaded game. 

Your expectation of 800fps on CS:Go with 1080 ultra is just not possible, not sure where you saw that to expect 800 FPS.  From what i see (a little googling) the 8700k maxes out around 365 FPS on CS:GO on medium.  so you seem to be right in line with expected performance.  As "Teambeasted" said it is most likely the game, not your hardware.   On my 3700K and 3080 in Valhiem i get <60fps in our main living area with all the buildings and landscaping, this is not my PCs hardware, it is the game.

What about running 3dmark (timespy) is your results inline with what is expected?  I don't see any issue here with your performance, you seems to be right on par with your hardware.  It is very unlikely you have a bad CPU.

I agree with @Allan B and @TeamBeasted . As long as the GPU is in the top slot and there isn't some odd profile set to share the load with the iGPU it's probably an optimization issue. The specs and frame rates you've listed are all within expectations. If you're still curious running a 3DMark benchmark or using the internal ones on a game like GTA V would probably provide a better example of what the config can do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, uncreativespace said:

I agree with @Allan B and @TeamBeasted . As long as the GPU is in the top slot and there isn't some odd profile set to share the load with the iGPU it's probably an optimization issue. The specs and frame rates you've listed are all within expectations. If you're still curious running a 3DMark benchmark or using the internal ones on a game like GTA V would probably provide a better example of what the config can do.

Hey, I tried GTA V bench all on max 1080p average 85 - 90 FPS ; the plane scene avr 90 - 100 ; the pier scene avr 140 FPS 

On 12/3/2021 at 3:24 PM, Allan B said:

You would only see 100% CPU load on games that support multithreading to the point of using all your cores.  At ~30% CPU load means around 3-4 of your cores are being used.  This is common for most games.  CS:GO you will never see 100% CPU usage, it is not a heavy multithreaded game. 

Your expectation of 800fps on CS:Go with 1080 ultra is just not possible, not sure where you saw that to expect 800 FPS.  From what i see (a little googling) the 8700k maxes out around 365 FPS on CS:GO on medium.  so you seem to be right in line with expected performance.  As "Teambeasted" said it is most likely the game, not your hardware.   On my 3700K and 3080 in Valhiem i get <60fps in our main living area with all the buildings and landscaping, this is not my PCs hardware, it is the game.

What about running 3dmark (timespy) is your results inline with what is expected?  I don't see any issue here with your performance, you seems to be right on par with your hardware.  It is very unlikely you have a bad CPU.

OK than , any idea how much I suppose to get with BATTLEFIELD ONE ?

19 hours ago, TeMbI4 said:

Hey, I tried GTA V bench all on max 1080p average 85 - 90 FPS ; the plane scene avr 90 - 100 ; the pier scene avr 140 FPS 

That's well within expectations for the card. Sounds like you're getting the expected performance, even if certain games can't leverage all of it.