Best Storage for Xbox Series S

What is the best bang for the buck storage for the Xbox Series S? As the SS only comes with a 512GB (realistically 360GB ish) of free storage. I plan on having COD MW19, Cold War, Vanguard and racing games such as FH5 and Dirt 5 and such with other story based games. I have done some research on these expandable storages and have seen that they vary between USB 3.0-3.2, what would the difference be and would I benefit from 3.2 compared to 3.0 such as performance, load times etc.

You can not play series s optimized games from an external.  Unfortunately at this point for new games the option is the Xbox Expansion Card.  Me and my son both have external ssd with USB 3.1 on our Series X and S.  Even with pushing all the games that can run on external drive there, we have to move games we currently are not playing off the internal while trying to play other titles.  I have been watching them especially since 2tb expansion comes out later this month.  The 1TB was actually on sale yesterday for 186.99 at Gamestop.   It sucks the Digital version of the console only has half a TB.  My son will be getting an expansion card this month.