Samsung CJG5 32 JOG button stopped working,OMG Samsung!!

frozensun

On my monitor JOG button stopped to work.

I mean I had issues before with it when tilting it upwards it doesn't accept command sometimes

Now when pressing the button it should turn off the monitor from stand by mode,but it doesn't do anything.

God damn Samsung,make me wish never to buy anything from Samsung anymore.

I googled for solution and found that the issue is even with premium models.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

33 minutes ago, frozensun said:

God damn Samsung,make me wish never to buy anything from Samsung anymore.

Then don't? As a consumer, you have the power to not buy a product that you do not like.

Having said that, just because one product from a company has issues, should not influence your decision to buy every other product from the same company. Brand hatred/loyalty is basically the same as fan-boying or being a hater. Every product from every company should be looked at before a purchasing decision is made.

• 1 month later...

The JOG button completely stopped working with push command.

I can tilt it left and right but doesn't accept command to push as it should turn OFF monitor,so I can not turn it off and I can not manually select source of signal.

Warranty period has expired.

What to do?

Any do it yourself technique, so I can fix it?

I tried to find a Samsung help support (forum) but couldn't find one.

Their whole website sucks.

Please don't write with links like order from e-bay bla bla,as I stated previously it's +50 $ for each shipment for my country.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Samsung-CJG50-32-quot-JOG-button-malfuntion/m-p/2171136

This sucks so bad.I had like this issue few months after purchase.

I couldn't RMA back then cuz of covid-19.

Because of this no mattet how good performer 980 Pro is,I won't buy nor even nvme from Samsung.

That messed up pretty bad in my eyes.

48 minutes ago, frozensun said:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Samsung-CJG50-32-quot-JOG-button-malfuntion/m-p/2171136

This sucks so bad.I had like this issue few months after purchase.

I couldn't RMA back then cuz of covid-19.

Because of this no mattet how good performer 980 Pro is,I won't buy nor even nvme from Samsung.

That messed up pretty bad in my eyes.

I could be wrong...but if all you did was make that post on the Samsung community forum [yesterday], what makes it so bad?

Even in covid times, if a product I purchased was having physical issues; the first thing I would do is contact their repair support and let them know of the issue

[Which btw, even now is something that I would do https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/your-service/main ]

If there is an issue with the product, there isn't much harm in asking, but asking on a community support forum isn't the most productive thing when it's a hardware problem.  Sure you might get a few people who have similar things but likely wouldn't really get your answer.  The best bet is again going with the actual Samsung repair support

I do think it's a good lesson though, if you start experiencing problems within the warranty period bring it up with their warranty repair people.  Even if you aren't able to send it in immediately, at least it is documented and would still be falling under the warranty repair after the fact.

I could be wrong, maybe you did contact them more directly...but given the information that you have provided it seems as though that is a minimal attempt at getting an answer from them.  There is a reason why it is called Samsung Community...sure they might have a PR or tech person scrolling over the forums, but overall it is no where close to actually contacting them through their repair channels.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Different thread, same rant.

If you're not going to buy a good product because the same company makes a bad product....well be prepared to live under a rock for the rest of your life.

Just buy a new button

https://www.samsungparts.com/PartsList.aspx?Catalog=Parts_and_Accessories&SearchKey=jog

Find your button with the part number or some other identifying information.

Or buy it off ebay with a new board (if this is the correct one)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133950426228?hash=item1f30114c74:g:Tn4AAOSwY2Nhp1GZ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Just buy a new button

https://www.samsungparts.com/PartsList.aspx?Catalog=Parts_and_Accessories&SearchKey=jog

Find your button with the part number or some other identifying information.

Or buy it off ebay with a new board (if this is the correct one)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133950426228?hash=item1f30114c74:g:Tn4AAOSwY2Nhp1GZ

Get ready to hear about how he can't pay for shipping and how his country is to blame.

Please don't write with links like order from e-bay bla bla,as I stated previously it's +50 $ for each shipment for my country.

25 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Get ready to hear about how he can't pay for shipping and how his country is to blame.

Oof... Well the Samsung Part link is probably their best bet then to find a replacement for cheap that doesn't cost a ton in shipping.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro