Samsung website showing my brand new product as "out of warranty".

LogicalThinker

I bought a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVMe SSD from Amazon. I got it today.

Samsung Magician Software shows the product serial number is "Genuine". Even Samsung website shows it is valid. But Samsung website showing my brand new product as "out of warranty".

what should I do now. 

1991512498_samsungssdwarranty.thumb.png.bb5e838232b29f06c3783b8127bd9232.png

8 minutes ago, Dileep Hegde said:

what should I do now. 

You have two options. Nothing (what i'd do), or contact Samsung. 

56 minutes ago, Dileep Hegde said:

I bought a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVMe SSD from Amazon. I got it today.

Was this sold by Amazon or by a third party seller? For many manufacturers you don't get a warranty unless you buy from an authorized retailer. Most third party sellers are not authorized retailers. 

12 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

Was this sold by Amazon or by a third party seller? For many manufacturers you don't get a warranty unless you buy from an authorized retailer. Most third party sellers are not authorized retailers. 

The seller is Appario Retail Private Ltd.

Appario Retail Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Frontizo Business Services Private Limited. Frontizo is a joint venture between Patni’s family and Amazon Asia Pacific Resources Private Limited.

Also it is fulfilled by Amazon.

I saw few mismatch here

• Box and installation book has a copyright © 2020. I think they just placed the newly manufactured product in a old box. It's written as Manufactured and imported on Aug 2021  and on product it is written 2021.7.
  • serial number has a extra letter at the end on product, which is also showing the same in samsung magician software.
  • That extra letter at the end is R. Is it means Refurbished product on old box and selling it as brand new.
  • But the serial number on box and invoice are same which doesn't have that extra letter.
  • Both of the serial number showing as valid in samsung website. But when registered, it's showing "out of warranty"

38 minutes ago, Dileep Hegde said:

fulfilled by Amazon.

Fulfilled by Amazon doesn't mean anything outside that it was stored at an Amazon facility and shipped by them really. 

39 minutes ago, Dileep Hegde said:

box and installation book has a copyright © 2020

Its actually common that companies dont update the year of copyright even though it may have been manufactured recently. Often the only time they update it is if there was a revision to the product or packaging, but still they dont do it often. 

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

2 hours ago, Dileep Hegde said:

The seller is Appario Retail Private Ltd.

Just a guess but I'll bet they are not an authorized retailer for Samsung. 

The other option here is this could be an OEM thing where it was sold as a part for an OEM meaning there is no warranty through Samsung. You'll need to contact whoever you bought it from for warranty issues. Being a third party Amazon seller that could be hit or miss.

Contact Samsung support and explain the situation. The invoice is often enough to get them to honour a warranty - but they may only be able to honour the warranty at the time when you NEED to return it.