Different Account or Installation for more performance? (details in the topic)

ReadyPlayerOne

Hi, i do like to game and produce music on the same pc, anyway i feel the programs for making music and to games that run in background will binrg down my pc performance even when not needed.

Does have 2 different account on a pc could solve the problem? Or services will run regardless accounts?

Do you have any other ideas on how can i manage to get the best of my computing power for both scenarios keeping them in a separate enviroment but the same pc?

9 hours ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Hi, i do like to game and produce music on the same pc, anyway i feel the programs for making music and to games that run in background will binrg down my pc performance even when not needed.

Upgrade your system to meet your needs, or close programs if it affects your gaming performance.

9 hours ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Does have 2 different account on a pc could solve the problem? Or services will run regardless accounts?

If you are thinking of having 2 accounts where you switch between accounts while both active, programs loaded in the other account will continue to run. In fact, now that you are loading more things (in duplicated fashion (2x explorer.exe, etc..) you are reducing further your RAM, and having more process that the CPU needs to handle. If you plan to logged out and login to another account instead, keeping only 1 account active, then you come to the same point of closing your programs.

Services run regardless of the account.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Upgrade your system to meet your needs, or close programs if it affects your gaming performance.

If you are thinking of having 2 accounts where you switch between accounts while both active, programs loaded in the other account will continue to run. In fact, now that you are loading more things (in duplicated fashion (2x explorer.exe, etc..) you are reducing further your RAM, and having more process that the CPU needs to handle. If you plan to logged out and login to another account instead, keeping only 1 account active, then you come to the same point of closing your programs.

Services run regardless of the account.

Thanks for your reply

I've already upgraded one year ago with a 10700k occed at 5.1ghz and i'm planning to upgrade again the next year (finger crossed for shortage). My issue is when making music, because programs i use are very heavy, and my workflow it's very intensive too (i need a strong single core performance), i have no trouble while gaming.

I was hoping to find some solution to be able to squeeze every performance of my system

On 12/1/2021 at 1:48 PM, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Thanks for your reply

I've already upgraded one year ago with a 10700k occed at 5.1ghz and i'm planning to upgrade again the next year (finger crossed for shortage). My issue is when making music, because programs i use are very heavy, and my workflow it's very intensive too (i need a strong single core performance), i have no trouble while gaming.

I was hoping to find some solution to be able to squeeze every performance of my system

Debloat the windows installation, stop programs from auto start up, and close applications you don't use while doing other tasks.