Pre-build or custom build

Go to solution Solved by iMxmo,

It really depends on how long you're willing to stalk around the market for a GPU.

My advice: Hunt for a GPU first, maybe something like a 6800XT/3080 in this price range. Then compile the list based off of that and what amount of money you have left over. 

If you're willing to go down that route, I have a 2K USD build here - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mcqn3Z

Which should fit your target range of 4K60-120. (mainly talking about esports titles) as the higher end 3xA titles will be hard to fit that performance range in this budget. 

Of course parts like the Case and AIO are subject to change for your personal preference. Some alternatives could be P400A/Lancool II Mesh. For the AIO you could consider EK AIO, Galahad, or LF2

I am looking to pay around $2,000 US dollars and I never built my own PC, but I am willing to learn if I would be getting a better setup from doing so. I would also like the possibility of being about to upgrade it in the future, but I don't know where to start with doing a custom build. I am wanting to be able to play almost any game at 4k resolution at 60-120fps. I will also use it for vr games occasionally. I would like cooling to not be an issue and I don't care about the fan noise. If you could provide some help it would be appreciated.

It really depends on how long you're willing to stalk around the market for a GPU.

My advice: Hunt for a GPU first, maybe something like a 6800XT/3080 in this price range. Then compile the list based off of that and what amount of money you have left over. 

If you're willing to go down that route, I have a 2K USD build here - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mcqn3Z

Which should fit your target range of 4K60-120. (mainly talking about esports titles) as the higher end 3xA titles will be hard to fit that performance range in this budget. 

Of course parts like the Case and AIO are subject to change for your personal preference. Some alternatives could be P400A/Lancool II Mesh. For the AIO you could consider EK AIO, Galahad, or LF2

Terrible time to be buying a PC tbh, currently and for the last few years prices have skyrocketed, predominantly for GPUs.

4k 120 in modern titles is a big ask even for the most powerful GPU's which can currently cost the entirety of ur budget (and more) alone.

Temper ur expectations (perhaps drop to 1440p gaming), increase ur budget, or wait (possibly years).

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, iCypticx said:

Thank you for the fast feedback. I am not in a rush to get a new PC so I am going to keep an eye out for a good deal on a graphics card and then base my build on that. Thanks for the suggestion. I will especially keep a lookout for a 6800XT and the 3080.