New SSD, new problems. GPU no video and fans ramp up

Reon28

So I bought this now SSD Adata SPECTRIX S40G 4Tb and my mother board has only 2 M.2 slots, both occupied. My PC worked fine, one blue screen last week, something with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDELED and "What failed: win32k.sys", but I guessed it had something to do with an update so I did not bother.

Today the SSD arrived with an addaptor from PCI-e to M.2. I installed them all, first time the PC did not see the SSD so I moved it from the second PCI-e to the last (3rd) slot. I started the transfer. I have a Seagate HDD 4Tb and I wanted the SSD to better partition my files, what I need rarely, on the HDD, the rest on the SSD. I started to transfer and started a game of SC2. After 40 min I encountered the problem. Video signal was out, nothing, nada, like in a fraction of a second and the fans started to ramp up. This was strange, I've waited a minute and nothing new happened so I pressed the Restart button on the case. PC restarts, I open Chrome and a video about something and the same thing happens again. I open the case and pull out the new SSD (with the adapter, PSU off and cable removed). I start the PC, all fine. I wait 10 minutes, I say "well, it's fine now" and turn it off and reinstall the SSD. I start transfering again, after a while, it happens again, only this time, the restart button on the case does not work. What the heck?! I press the power button for 5 sec and it shuts down. I turn on the PC determined to search for an answear but surprise! No video. Yet, the fans seemed ok so an idea strikes me. move the HDMI cable from the GPU to the motherboard. There is the video! So now I am wrighting on a 4k TV with 30fps and a lot of lag hoping that it's not the GPU because the prices are CRAZY!

Important mention. I have 2 monitors, one TV 4k and a FullHD. The TV uses an HDMI cable straight to the GPU, the monitor uses an HDMI cable to a HDMI-DP adapter and then into the GPU. This sistem works like this for a year now. After I moved the TV's HDMI cable from the GPU to the motherboard, I have video on the TV but no video on the monitor. In task manager, the GTX 1070 does not appear and the Nvidia ControlPanel is nowhere.

I changed the motherboard, CPU and RAM last year, 2020 summer. I have:

Intel i5-10400

MSI Z490 Pro Carbon Wi-Fi

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18 Quad Channel

MSI Nvidia 1070 8Gb

PSU: Corsair something, 750W full modular, really good psu I have it from 2017

SSD 1: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1Tb

SSD 2: Intel 545p 1Tb

Wather cooler I think DeepCool (4 years too)

Noctua fans, big case, a lot of air flow, both ssd have motherboard's cooler, thermal pad and a big chunk of metal over them, the new ssd has it's own cooler, ssd temperatures are between 34 and 54 Celsius. Of cours wire management, I am not a PC noob, just not a PC pro 馃槃

Does anyone have any idea what it could be besides the GPU?

Is it still having the problem with the SSD removed again? Did you remove it again and the issue persisted or is it still installed? If it is still installed I would remove it again and see if the display on the card works again. If it does your PCIE to M.2 adapter is the issue.

Sounds to me like the PCIE to M.2 adapter you are using is conflicting with the GPU or causing an issue with the motherboard. If it is the culprit I would recommend getting a new adapter or possibly returning the 4TB M.2 and getting a 4TB 2.5" Sata SSD so you don't conflict with your other PCIE devices.聽

Main Desktop:CPU - i9-14900k聽|聽Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4聽|聽GPU- ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090聽|聽RAM- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz聽|聽AIO- H150i Pro XT聽|聽PSU- Corsair RM1000X |聽Case- Phanteks P500A Digital - White聽|聽Storage- Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB聽 |

TV Streaming PC:聽Intel聽NucCPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage聽- 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4- Phantom Black 512GB |

Right now I am still transfering, for me is 1 in the morning, so I'll go to bed, finish tomorrow the transfer and run some more tests. I need to see if the problem persists and what if I remove the Intel SSD and install the Adata one? I have 3 guesses now, the adapeter, the Adata SSD and the GPU, all seem possible problems.