WCCF tech got it wrong and they don't want to admit it

thewhitestig

So here's the thing. I was recently reading WCCF's article about Pascal and I noticed a mistake. Usman Pirzada wrote "terabits per second" where he should've wrote "terabytes per second". I tried to correct him and he started to defend his math. The problem is that in the article he was talking about the stacked dram on the Pascal architecture, and in his defense he started talking about the NVLInk interconnect memory bandwidth. But those are two completely different things. This was a huge mistake on his part and his article is still sitting there with the wrong information. Not admitting  and/or fixing the mistake was a really proud behavior in a bad way. Take a look at the two attached images. 

post-53257-0-09323700-1397382401_thumb.j

post-53257-0-68276300-1397383069_thumb.j

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Another reason as to why you should be on point at all times when on wccf

Its fine if you get something wrong, just change it if someone corrects you.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

lol, i think Jen-Hsun has a lot more knowledge than this dude.

Edit: and yeah, you are right of course! :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

lol, i think Jen-Hsun has a lot more knowledge than this dude.

Edit: and yeah, you are right of course! :D

A lot. A lot.

A LOT

Before he was CEO of Nvidia he was a microprocessor designer at AMD, and Director of Coreware at LSI. The man knows it inside and out. He isn't just a businessman, he is freakin smart.

You know how some websites tell you that they use cookies.
WCCFtech should have a popup that states the website uses bullsh*t.

To be fair, Videocarz and WCCFtech, do get things right, but there approach to get stories up without fact checking sometimes backfires and reflects poorly on the website. Mistakes do happen, but pushing stories out to be first is a approach that can be like a double edged sword. Same thing happens on YT and other forms of media.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Mixing up NVlink with a card's memory bandwidth while working for a hardware news site... although WTF tech is more a joke than a news site. 

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

144Hz goodness

although WTF tech is more a joke than a news site. 

One of those really bad jokes that somebody tells at a party and everybody just goes silent out of pity.

I don't know what to make from all of this. Was I wrong? Was Jen-Hsun Huang wrong?

post-53257-0-71055300-1397414635_thumb.j

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Excellent, I love quandries like this.

*le popcorn*

• 2 years later...
On 4/13/2014 at 11:44 PM, thewhitestig said:

I don't know what to make from all of this. Was I wrong? Was Jen-Hsun Huang wrong?

3-1.jpg

Guess who was right. :)))))))))

On 4/13/2014 at 7:59 PM, JoeyDM said:

Yes. WCCFTech gets many things wrong.

What you mean when they said Zen would be out and ready like 4 times this year you mean they were wrong? Summit ridge isnt out this month?

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

5 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

What you mean when they said Zen would be out and ready like 4 times this year you mean they were wrong? Summit ridge isnt out this month?

You replied to something from 2 years ago...

31 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

I am a wccftech reader who has come here for the express purpose of shedding light on some of the hypocrisy on LTT. I assume ill be thoroughly insulted and banned within a few  hours. But while I am here, the leaks you are referring to are about roadmaps. Roadmaps change. Anyone remember when Broadwell and Skylake were officially promised by Intel and when they actually came? :) Take this post for eg. Did Nvidia actually launch with a 32hi HBM? no they didn't. His calculations said they were 1 terabits per second per stack (128 GB/s) so for a 4-hi hbm that's 512 GB/s. Did we get a 4 hi stack with 512 GB/s? yes we did. I have been trawling through this forums and 90% of the things you called WCCFTech out on (by you I mean this forum) they were proven right in the long run. 9% of the time they were off by a significant margin and maybe less than 1% of the time they were dead wrong - but that is something to be expected concerning the nature of their work. Not saying that they are oracles of the truth. Just saying that this forum has been the equivalent of a cyber bully and now time has come proven them wrong.

Context: I was actually googling the author "Usman Pirzada" and this thread came up, on the first page. A defamatory thread/title on something the poor chap had been right about :P I hope any mod who comes after me would delete this thread or at least edit the title to reflect the truth.