Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

turns on, no post, gpu good, thought it might be mobo? had to do bios update.

Starzilla

My second computer build.

Ryzen 9 5950

Aorus x570 Elite Wifi mobo

corsair RM850x

128gb of ram (it's for animation)

gtx 2080 ftw3 super ultra

master coolerml360r

corsair 5000x rgb case

samsung 980 pro m.2

turns on, I see all the lights and fans, but no post.

Had problems updating the bios, tried multiple versions, currently on 36e as done with q-flash. Because the light beeped and eventually turned off like it did on the other system I did this for, I don't think the mobo is bricked.

Was using an old PSU, but was only powering lighting the system, it was an 850w EVGA 80 bronze, went and got a new one and everything started lighting up, i'm pretty sure 850W should be plenty.

the GPU was bought used, thought it might be that, I put it into another system which didn't recognize it but when I downloaded a driver from the website it was recognized and the display worked from it... albeit at the wrong resolution (I figured that would be fixable once I got a post with the new one)

tried old ram instead

unpluged everything from mobo except gpu, cpu, and one stick of ram, but same thing.

The only other thing is maybe the pcle slot is faulty, but this motherboard only has one that I know I can test in, the other is x4, but it's a brand new board and I really want to try any other options I can before going and buying another one.

8 minutes ago, Starzilla said:

The only other thing is maybe the pcle slot is faulty, but this motherboard only has one that I know I can test in, the other is x4, but it's a brand new board and I really want to try any other options I can before going and buying another one.

Even though the motherboard is new, there is always the chance that the motherboard is DOA or the slot is defective. Did you still at least try the card in the 2nd slot even though it runs at x4? 

When you had the graphics card in another system, did you run any games or synthetic benchmarks??? Even better would be to do stability tests with it. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I did not, but I tried that just barely and got the same result, so if it is the motherboard, I don't think it's the pcle slot, maybe I somehow did something wrong updating the bios.... maybe I should take my ryzen 5600g out of my other system and put it in and see if it can boot with just that since it would have integrated graphics.

unfortunately, I did not think to do that when I put it into my other system