Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need budget replacement headphones/headset

eltastico

My arctis 7 broke (left ear part came loose and right side has no sound) and I need replacement headphones. My budget is around 30ish GBP which doesnt give me a lot to work with.

I have looked at AKG K52s and Audio Technica M20x and I am wondering which one is better, or if you have any better recomendations.

I have the behringer U-PHORIA UMC22 so maybe a headphone that can work with that.

Thank you in advance.

Do you need replacement headphones or a headset (with microphone)? The headphones you are listed are pretty good for the price point afaik. Headsets in this price range likely will be not very good. 

Both headphones can likely be driven by the behringer interface you listed though they can also just as easily be used through your onboard audio. The biggest benefit you'd have from the behringer is if you actually do have a XLR microphone to pair with it. But considering your budget if you don't have an xlr cable and microphone already on hand it doesn't add much value. 

4 minutes ago, creesch said:

Do you need replacement headphones or a headset (with microphone)? The headphones you are listed are pretty good for the price point afaik. Headsets in this price range likely will be not very good. 

Both headphones can likely be driven by the behringer interface you listed though they can also just as easily be used through your onboard audio. The biggest benefit you'd have from the behringer is if you actually do have a XLR microphone to pair with it. But considering your budget if you don't have an xlr cable and microphone already on hand it doesn't add much value. 

I have an xlr mic with my interface so only headphones are needed.

8 minutes ago, eltastico said:

I have an xlr mic with my interface so only headphones are needed.

In that case both headphones are of reasonable quality I believe. Some others budget headphones that are apparently quite okay are the Samson sr850.

If you are looking for something with a bit more isolation there are also IEMs (in ear monitors, which have a better soundstage than your regular in ear buds and also fit differently) on the market these days that are rather good like the kz ksn pro. However I am a little hesitant to recommend them as wearing IEMs for longer durations isn't comfortable for everyone and considering your budget limitations it would really suck if these don't work for you. 

For that budget, Koss KSC75, Koss KPH30i, or Monoprice Retro are the headphones I'd suggest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 10

7 minutes ago, creesch said:

In that case both headphones are of reasonable quality I believe. Some others budget headphones that are apparently quite okay are the Samson sr850.

If you are looking for something with a bit more isolation there are also IEMs (in ear monitors, which have a better soundstage than your regular in ear buds and also fit differently) on the market these days that are rather good like the kz ksn pro. However I am a little hesitant to recommend them as wearing IEMs for longer durations isn't comfortable for everyone and considering your budget limitations it would really suck if these don't work for you. 

Would the Samson ones be compatible with my interface, also would they be usable without? They are on sale right now, from 50 GBP to 30 GBP.

3 minutes ago, eltastico said:

Would the Samson ones be compatible with my interface, also would they be usable without? They are on sale right now, from 50 GBP to 30 GBP.

I don't see why they wouldn't be compatible? The Behringer uses a standard 6.3 mm plug for headphones and the Samson comes with a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter as far as I can tell. You would be also be able to use the Samson on your regular audio port for your PC, laptop and phone (if your phone still has one that is). 

1 minute ago, creesch said:

I don't see why they wouldn't be compatible? The Behringer uses a standard 6.3 mm plug for headphones and the Samson comes with a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter as far as I can tell. You would be also be able to use the Samson on your regular audio port for your PC, laptop and phone (if your phone still has one that is). 

Alright Im gonna go look at the options and decide. Samson sr850 does look really tempting. Thank you for your help