First watercooled build, need advice.

Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,
49 minutes ago, archangel543 said:

Hello,

i built my first watercooling system and have some questions.

1. the system makes bubbling noises. as i understand there still is air in the loop, how to get them out without having to shake or tilt the case?(corsair 1000 with 2X480 and 2X360 rads, very heavy)

2.the loop creates a vacuum, is this normal? every time i open the fill port the loop sucks in air.

3.is it best to have a fan curve for the pump or have it set to a fixed speed?

Thx in advance!

1) Unless u have a vacuum pump to pull the air to the res ull have to shift the system around to get the air out.

2) Yes this is normal, a slight pressure changes will occur as water temps change. This will be more pronounced whilst u still have air pockets shifting around the loop. When bleeding air from other areas of the loop, once the air gets into the res, open the top of the res to bleed the air, then repeat.

3) Higher the pump speed the better. Run it as high as u can handle noise wise. I for example run my D5 vario pump on its highest setting (5) and have done for ~7 years.

Hello,

1. the system makes bubbling noises. as i understand there still is air in the loop, how to get them out without having to shake or tilt the case?(corsair 1000 with 2X480 and 2X360 rads, very heavy)

2.the loop creates a vacuum, is this normal? every time i open the fill port the loop sucks in air.

Thx in advance!

1.) You can vary the pump speed, but shaking and tilting the case is the best way to get it out. 

2.) As far as I'm aware, no. Are you opening the fill port when the system is still running? 

3.) Either one is fine. My system has a fan curve for the pump, since I water cooled my system for silence, and thus having the pump run slower when it can means it has lower noise output. 

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

2.) As far as I'm aware, no. Are you opening the fill port when the system is still running?

Yes, i am opening the fill port when the system is running

1 minute ago, archangel543 said:

Yes, i am opening the fill port when the system is running

OK, that might be what's causing it. See if it still creates a vacuum when the system is off. 

49 minutes ago, archangel543 said:

Hello,

Thx in advance!

1) Unless u have a vacuum pump to pull the air to the res ull have to shift the system around to get the air out.

2) Yes this is normal, a slight pressure changes will occur as water temps change. This will be more pronounced whilst u still have air pockets shifting around the loop. When bleeding air from other areas of the loop, once the air gets into the res, open the top of the res to bleed the air, then repeat.

3) Higher the pump speed the better. Run it as high as u can handle noise wise. I for example run my D5 vario pump on its highest setting (5) and have done for ~7 years.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Performance doesn't scale linearly with pump speed, I see no performance difference between 50% and 100% on my PWM D5.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop