Which DDR5 out of those two to get?

Go to solution Solved by iMxmo,

Doesn't matter much, you'll have similar performance either way. 

Go with either the cheaper option, or whichever looks nicer to you. 

Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory

vs

ADATA XPG LANCER RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL38 Memory

Kingston one will cost me (converted to usd) - ~$400, if stock lucks out in my main retailer it should be ~$335 instead.

ADATA one will cost me (converted to usd) - ~$375.

These are the only legit looking ones that I can get fairly availably in my region at this time, rest of my build is basically purchased already and these RAM sticks will serve me at first while in the future I strive to upgrade to something with better timings/mhz as they progress and become more reasonably priced.

I have to choose either or my system won't run lol 🤣

ADATA XPG goes cheaper but I never tried this brand and if to "trust", though there is 3 year warranty from my retailer with ADATA for these specifically though & I don't really plan using them more than that anyway.

Are you 100% certain you need DDR5?

For gaming DDR4 is as good at this time:

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

For gaming DDR4 is as good at this time:

He's already got a board, so yes he needs DDR5.

Honestly?  Get whichever you can get.  The timing is close enough that it won't make enough difference to matter.  (Or get the one that you like the looks of better.)

11 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

For gaming DDR4 is as good at this time

I'm aware of the difference as it stands right now. but this is basically the peak closeness/competitiveness in performance we can expect with DDR4 being fully developed and DDR5 only coming out now.

DDR5 will only start growing further & opening a gap as time goes on from this point forward and I don't wanna swap a board few years down the line if I wanna upgrade. (As my fairly mid tier board can still support upto 6000MHz, which aren't out yet)

DDR5 5200MHz does more than enough for me even if there are better high-tier DDR4 alternatives out there at this point in time.

7 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Honestly?  Get whichever you can get.  The timing is close enough that it won't make enough difference to matter.  (Or get the one that you like the looks of better.)

3 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

Fair enough, I kinda wanted opinions about either brand and their reliability but I do realize it's probably not anything major that can skew my purchase.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:45 AM, Danijongo said:

I'm aware of the difference as it stands right now. but this is basically the peak closeness/competitiveness in performance we can expect with DDR4 being fully developed and DDR5 only coming out now.

DDR5 will only start growing further & opening a gap as time goes on from this point forward and I don't wanna swap a board few years down the line if I wanna upgrade. (As my fairly mid tier board can still support upto 6000MHz, which aren't out yet)

DDR5 5200MHz does more than enough for me even if there are better high-tier DDR4 alternatives out there at this point in time.

Fair enough, I kinda wanted opinions about either brand and their reliability but I do realize it's probably not anything major that can skew my purchase.

By the time DDR5 matures to the point where it's a better decision for the average consumer as opposed to DDR4 I suspect a mainboard swap would already be in play. 

7 minutes ago, iMxmo said:

By the time DDR5 matures to the point where it's a better decision for the average consumer as opposed to DDR4 I suspect a mainboard swap would already be in play. 

I doubt my ASUS Z690-A will be swapped if I want anything up to 6000Mhz, they're "future proof"ed enough with PCIe 5 even available, GPU & CPU combo will hold me long enough, perhaps more than my current build from December 2014.
There's already 6000mhz available right now locally but it's probably the CL ratings and the capacities that will get better, doubt they will necessarily race to higher speeds for if we talk about "better decision for the average consumer".

4 minutes ago, Danijongo said:

I doubt my ASUS Z690-A will be swapped if I want anything up to 6000Mhz, they're "future proof"ed enough with PCIe 5 even available, GPU & CPU combo will hold me long enough, perhaps more than my current build from December 2014.
There's already 6000mhz available right now locally but it's probably the CL ratings and the capacities that will get better, doubt they will necessarily race to higher speeds for if we talk about "better decision for the average consumer".

What I meant by that was: By the time DDR5 becomes mainstream for average consumers, the PC market will most likely have evolved from the Z690 platform altogether.  You do have a point with PCIe Gen5, as well as Raptor Lake on the LGA1700 socket. Do as you wish, just know you wont be getting any massive performance jumps.