Freezing, crashes - PSU issue?

Indrid

5900X + Assassin III

ASUS B550-E

32GB LPX 3600 CL16

3080 Ti FE

Fractal Design ION+ 2 860W
Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact

Nothing is manually overclocked, just DOCP and PBO doing their thing.  Temps seem to be fine; rarely see over 70C on the CPU (Cinebench multi-core maxes at 65C @ 4.4GHz all-core) and highest I've seen the GPU is 78C.

System has been running fine for just over a month, but I haven't actually stressed it a lot in terms of mazing out power draws.  Today I was running a game at 4K + high framerates (EndZone) pulling close to 350W with the card.  After exiting the game, the system froze requiring a hard reset.  This happened several times, and with other games even when limiting to 60fps and drawing 250W-300W on the card (power numbers from NVIDIA's performance monitor) - and it started happening during the games not after exiting.  Sometimes the system required another power cycle to boot.  I DDU'd the drivers and installed the newest ones as well as previous drivers.  Same behaviour.  Then I tried Cinebench R23 and after the 10 min run was over, gave me a score, and it froze. I tried again with the 30min stability run and it automatically restarted afterwards(!).  Tried 30 mins again and it froze after about 20 mins.  Tried disabling DOCP and it froze in R23 after about 6 minutes.  Feel like the system is steadily becoming less stable under load.

I suspect the PSU.  Does this sound like degrading PSU behaviour?  I have an old Corsair HX850W (purchased 2011) that I might swap in and try, otherwise I'm looking grab a RM1000x and see if that fixes things.

Thanks for any insight!

Motherboard BIOS fully up to date?

What's the exact model number and version number of the RAM? That information you'll find on the label on the sticks. The version number is written next to the voltage on the label. Something like ver. 4.32.

Hello, thanks for responding.

I used the System File Checker (/scannow command) and it said it found and repaired a few things, but I decided to update BIOS before seeing if that fixes anything. BIOS was not up to date so I went to update it. Unfortunately, when selecting the .CAP from the BIOS flash utility (from within BIOS) the screen immediately went black and stayed that way. I managed to recover by removing CMOS battery. Now the system won't boot (DRAM light - 0d error code) with two modules installed. Maybe it's RAM all along? I'll try updating the BIOS with one module installed perhaps. It gets to Windows fine with one module.

The modules are: CMK32GX4M2D3600C16

ver 3.32

I think I have found a solution for anyone wondering.  Of all things, NVIDIA G-Sync!  Still need to do more testing but it looks the likely culprit.