<QR CODE>

TomCruize

Hello

I´m wondering if it is possible to make my own "script" with an Function QR/EAN code?

Example:

"Scans the QR Code"

"Pause"-Button will be pressed for login screen"

"My account name"

"Enter"

"My account password"

"Enter"

Now I´m logged in.

I have no clue at all how to make QR code with that function - is it possible?

Best Regards

Mr Cruise

A QR code is not "code" in the sense of program code. It just encodes information. If you scan a QR code, whatever information is encoded in it, is sent back to the app that opened the scanner. What the app does with that information is entirely app specific.

For example Firefox on Android now has a QR code scanner. It can scan any QR code, but basically only a QR code that contains a URL is useful. Firefox can simply open the URL without you having to type it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

11 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

A QR code is not "code" in the sense of program code. It just encodes information. If you scan a QR code, whatever information is encoded in it, is sent back to the app that opened the scanner. What the app does with that information is entirely app specific.

For example Firefox on Android now has a QR code scanner. It can scan any QR code, but basically only a QR code that contains a URL is useful. Firefox can simply open the URL without you having to type it.

Okey nice, thanks for the explaination 🙂

The plan is to make my own "login card" in the cash register at work with a QR code on a paper sheet.

What I know is that the Cash Register program is windows based and can scan all the EAN codes and QR Codes.

The Manual commands for signing into the cash register is as described above

"Pause/Break"

"My account name"

"Enter"

Takes 1 sec before the next window appears

"My account password"

"Enter"

How do I write this into a QR Code so it works?

4 minutes ago, TomCruize said:

How do I write this into a QR Code so it works?

You don't. That's what both @Franck and myself are trying to tell you.

The cash register itself would have to support signing in with a QR code. The QR code can't "instruct" it to do things it was never designed for. The program needs to be built in a way to read the necessary data from a QR code. A QR code only contains data, not instructions.

Keep in mind that this would also be unsafe, because the QR code would essentially contain your username and password in plain text. Any QR code reader would reveal them.

The best you could do is write some other program that can read the credentials from the QR code, then simulate whatever key presses and mouse clicks are needed to sign into the cash register. Pretty sure installing unsanctioned third party software on the cash register would be a no-no.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

You don't. That's what both @Franck and myself are trying to tell you.

The cash register itself would have to support signing in with a QR code. The QR code can't "instruct" it to do things it was never designed for. The program needs to be built in a way to read the necessary data from a QR code. A QR code only contains data, not instructions.

Keep in mind that this would also be unsafe, because the QR code would essentially contain your username and password in plain text. Any QR code reader would reveal them.

The best you could do is write some other program that can read the credentials from the QR code, then simulate whatever key presses and mouse clicks are needed to sign into the cash register. Pretty sure installing unsanctioned third party software on the cash register would be a no-no.

Oh okey, sorry if I´m slow - I totally get it now 🙂 

Yeah it would only be for my eyes only but you never now!

Not allowed to install any third party software on the cash register and if I tried I would get fired 😄 
(working for the biggest Alcohol monopoly in the world  and our tech department really sucks)