should i buy 4:3 ratio lcd monitor for playing csgo and watching 4:3 movie?

buklu

The point of 4:3 for csgo is that it’s stretched and gives a weird and debatable “advantage” to have wide pixels to click on. Ideally you want 4:3 resolutions stretched on 16:9 for this.

Otherwise, considering that a decent 1600x1200 monitor is dirt cheap at any goodwill or on eBay, might as well just get one for fun.

Just use a normal 16:9 monitor and call it a day you'll just have bars on the side? That eizo is extremely expensive and made for a very particular purpose which is not watching movies.

1 minute ago, Dean0919 said:

4:3 ration monitor? In 2021? lol. I wouldn't use that monitor if someone would even give it to me for free.

if you want to play old console

you have to get a 4:3 monitor

1 minute ago, buklu said:

Any modern monitor can display 4:3 resolutions without any issues. If you're on old consoles you're more limited in terms of I/O.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

If it's CS:GO it's not that good, but if it was CS 1.6, then yes for sure.

Just get one if you have the space. People often give them out for free or you can get one for as little as $5/$10.

If you want to play on old consoles, then I recommend a CRT TV instead of a 4:3 monitor.

26 minutes ago, buklu said:

Nopeof you have a old console that only supports 4:3 you just need to play it into the tv, of if it’s old enough and the tv is new enough a vcr and then a tv

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 11/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, buklu said:

No you don't. Tv's understand 4:3 ratio content so do monitors. You don't need a 4:3 monitor to view 4:3 content correctly.