Turn off advanced startup/recovery after three hard restarts (win10)

wooprat

Hi,

I guess this is a fairly strange question, but I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off the Recovery mode/advanced startup menu that occurs when shutting off the PC three times in quick succession. 

What I've read this is a sort of failsafe by Microsoft when the PC is constantly restarting without booting in to Windows. 

The reason I want to skip this is because we got kiosk devices without keyboard and in the case of powerfailure or other weird stuff that causes them to shutdown multiple times we want the OS to start up... the devices uses touchscreen which the recovery mode does not seem to support so they are stuck if they enter it. We'd rather the whole OS crashes and require a reinstall than show the recovery screen.

Thanks! 

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, wooprat said:

Hi,

I guess this is a fairly strange question, but I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off the Recovery mode/advanced startup menu that occurs when shutting off the PC three times in quick succession. 

What I've read this is a sort of failsafe by Microsoft when the PC is constantly restarting without booting in to Windows. 

The reason I want to skip this is because we got kiosk devices without keyboard and in the case of powerfailure or other weird stuff that causes them to shutdown multiple times we want the OS to start up... the devices uses touchscreen which the recovery mode does not seem to support so they are stuck if they enter it. We'd rather the whole OS crashes and require a reinstall than show the recovery screen.

Thanks! 

Yea, it is a bcedit option.

bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled no

Doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/advanced-troubleshooting-boot-problems

Other options/feature of potential interest, and understanding bcedit command format: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/bcdedit--set

Such as:

bcdedit /set bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

Hope this helps

On 11/30/2021 at 6:03 PM, GoodBytes said:

bcdedit /set bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

Hope this helps

This one did it! Thank you very much