Questions about thermals of 12700k during Cinebench multi-threaded

Rock1m1

Hello,

Its been forever I upgraded to a new computer but yesterday was the day, I am still pretty excited.

Here are my specs:

-32GB Corsair Dominator RAM

-H150i elite cappilex cooler

-Corsair 4000x case

This is the first time I went with a liquid cooling and so I have no experience what kind of thermals to expect. I tried to test the worst cast scenario with cinebench multi-threaded test. My thermals reached as high as 88C and package temperature (not sure what that is) even more during the test. Isn't it way too high for this kind of setup? I saw some review and saw people in the 70 to 78C mark.

Thank you

88c is fine, id consider over 90c to be uncomfortable, 105c to be unsafe, 115-120c deathzone

Maybe look at undervolting, try 1.25v 4.9 or 5ghz on the p cores.

And judging by the rams you went ddr5, fyi ddr5 has no real gains over ddr4 atm so rip

I've heard that the H150i has mounting pressure issues with the Alder Lake IHS. Are you using an adapter bracket or a motherboard that supports LGA1200 mounting hardware? I'd recommend getting a cooler designed for Intel 12th gen, as the IHS is totally different now.

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

I've heard that the H150i has mounting pressure issues with the Alder Lake IHS. Are you using an adapter bracket or a motherboard that supports LGA1200 mounting hardware? I'd recommend getting a cooler designed for Intel 12th gen, as the IHS is totally different now.

I heard that dude. The vendors over here told me most partner boards have mounting issues, only a couple of outliers like Asus boards have different design (or similar to older ones) which makes it a non issue. I am using Asus TUF D4 Z690.

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

88c is fine, id consider over 90c to be uncomfortable, 105c to be unsafe, 115-120c deathzone

Maybe look at undervolting, try 1.25v 4.9 or 5ghz on the p cores.

And judging by the rams you went ddr5, fyi ddr5 has no real gains over ddr4 atm so rip

Its DDR4.

18 minutes ago, Rock1m1 said:

Its DDR4.

Oooof

Considering that there are cheaper b die rams available why bother with dominator rams? They are just overpriced crap for all i know

Most 3200 cl14 kits will have b die anyways

26 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Oooof

Considering that there are cheaper b die rams available why bother with dominator rams? They are just overpriced crap for all i know

Most 3200 cl14 kits will have b die anyways

Corsair RAMs went well with my all-round Corsair build theme I was going for. Also it cost me about 150 USD so it wasn't that bad. 

I went to the motherboard and loaded optimized defaults, but kept the XMP 1 profile for the memory. Now I did a Cinebench test and it is much better, stays at around 78C to 80C tops. Also I don't see much in a change of frequency across all the cores during the test.

1 hour ago, Rock1m1 said:

Corsair RAMs went well with my all-round Corsair build theme I was going for. Also it cost me about 150 USD so it wasn't that bad. 

Oh thank god, still quite pricey but atleast they are still b dies, best overclock them though as b die are very good overclockers and overclocking ram is literally a free performance boost cause it doesnt shoot power bills through the roof like when you overclock your cpu, 3800 cl14 should be doable as long as you arent the ultra aftraid of overclocking and voltage type, id suggest watching buildzoid vids on b die overclocking to give you an idea of what you can expect out of b die rams