Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Over-ear bluetooth headphones for my grandma needed

sellXD

Hi!

so TL:DR my grandma got released from the hospital and now has to reside in an old people's home.

Due to regulations she can't turn the TV up by much using speakers so she's in need of wireless headphones.

She can't use in-ears and needs something lightweight with not much pressure on the head, so comfty over-ears would be needed.

However i got no clue about current headphones as i never buy wireless stuff.

Price range is up to 30-60€ish. They don't have to be the best sounding ones just good enough for eldery people to hear TV audio propperly.

would be nice for any recommendations as google only spits out the TOP 15 HEADPHONES OF 2021 trash lists

I personally got the Anker Soundcore Life Q10 bluetooth headset.

As long as not used as Headset just plain headphones, the audio is excellent. good cushioned as well. But the ears get smokin after a while. 

They should be around 40 bucks. 

2 Main Systems (mine and my late wifes):

System 1 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 2 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

New System in the making "Anghammarad" AsRock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 5800X, 32 GB Ram DDR4 3600, some SSD, Gainward Phoenix GS 1060.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System: Asrock ASRock Z87 Extreme4/TB4, Intel Core i5 4460, 16 GB Ram DDR3 1600 ADATA XPG, 1 275 GB SSD, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX (the 560 will be replaced with one of the 760 due to better effeciency)

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

10 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

As long as not used as Headset just plain headphones, the audio is excellent. good cushioned as well. But the ears get smokin after a while. 

O nice but wdym by smokin after a while?

15 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

I have a pair of Q20's and they are SUPER comfortable and also noise cancelling so the hustle and bustle of the outside world can be tuned out as well. The ear cushions and top cushion are memory foam so they fit snugly against your head like a big comfy pillow. I have worn them for hours on end while studying and only had to take them off because my ears were getting sweaty. Good clarity as well from the headphones so your grandma will hear her programs clearly. They also take phone calls well too, have taken a few calls on them before and didn't get complaints about the call quality. They also helpfully let you know the battery level when you turn them on/connect them. The adjustments are also in small increments so you can have it be exactly the right length. The battery life is spectacular too.

4 minutes ago, sellXD said:

O nice but wdym by smokin after a while?

because they are complete over ears. Not really much breathing for the ears... but the sound... hmmm ^^

2 Main Systems (mine and my late wifes):

System 1 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 2 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

New System in the making "Anghammarad" AsRock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 5800X, 32 GB Ram DDR4 3600, some SSD, Gainward Phoenix GS 1060.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System: Asrock ASRock Z87 Extreme4/TB4, Intel Core i5 4460, 16 GB Ram DDR3 1600 ADATA XPG, 1 275 GB SSD, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX (the 560 will be replaced with one of the 760 due to better effeciency)

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

28 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

because they are complete over ears. Not really much breathing for the ears... but the sound... hmmm ^^

ah that might be a problem for my grandma tho. That's also the main reason she doesn't want in-ears

also noise bleed isn't too much of a problem as she is in a solo room. as long the bleed isn't louder than tv speakers lol

are there maybe pads out of a more breatheable material that don't seal the ears off that hard?

7 hours ago, sellXD said:

are there maybe pads out of a more breatheable material that don't seal the ears off that hard?

I've never noticed a difference based on the pads... they're all stuffed with foam which wont pass air. 

I can definitely recommend the Koss KSC35, and replace the earclips with those of the KSC75 for comfort. Not sure on the pricing/availability of both of those in Europe. I did find the BT221i but haven't tested these for comfort. The PortaPros are also available, but might have too much clamping.

Maybe slightly over budget, Sennheiser RS120 is what I would pick.