Upgrade to facilitate a 3070TI

Go to solution Solved by --SID--,

Well, Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro is in fact a Seasonic Focus Plus. Early Seasonic Focus Plus platform has issues with high power GPUs. Maybe you're Antec works with a 3070 Ti, maybe not. You'll find out yourself. The PSU safely shut down when it has issues.

Budget (including currency): 800 NIS (about 250 USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: PUBG, DOTA2, Crysis, Forza5

Monitors: current: 23" inch 720 or 180p 60hz,and 24" FHD 120hz
Monitors Upgrade Path: the goal will be to run with 34" Ultra wide FHD (or 2k) 120hz and a 24" FHD 120hz

I am currently running with the following build: System Builder - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X, NX600 ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker + a wifi expansion card

I got my hands on a 3070TI in MSRP and this is the trigger to the upgrade.
Since I bought the build second hand it wasn't planned for upgrades like this, but purchased with them in mind.

My question is - Do I need to upgrade my PSU? and if so, which one should I upgrade to? and how do I know that it has enough connectors

This is probably where I would but it: https://tms.co.il/index.php?route=product/category&path=10167_10137_10050 or from Amazon/Newegg/B&H

I will be looking to upgrade (down the road) to and AMD 5800, and 32GB of ram when budget permits (in 1-2 years)

9 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Your PSU will be fine, No need for upgrade.

Everywhere I read, and also in some ltt vids it says you should have extra room above.

Can you share a bit more why 650W should be fine?

Well, Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro is in fact a Seasonic Focus Plus. Early Seasonic Focus Plus platform has issues with high power GPUs. Maybe you're Antec works with a 3070 Ti, maybe not. You'll find out yourself. The PSU safely shut down when it has issues.

57 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Sounds a bit alarming.

In case I would like to upgrade - to be on the safe side.

What is a good PSU to chose?

2 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Cooler master one really has good price, No reason to get corsair one instead for that much more.