Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Build won't post. No display

quinn935

I just built a new computer. alot of the parts I used in my old computer: GPU, Ram, Power Supply, Storage. But it's a new case, Motherboard, and CPU. I've got an MSI b550 a-pro with a ryzen 5600x, and a GTX 1070. when I power it on, the CPU, GPU and Case fans are all spinning, but I don't get any Display on my monitor. I've tried a different Display port cable, as well as HDMI. And the GPU was working fine in the old system. I also tried pressing caps and num lock to see if the keyboard LED would turn on but it doesn't. I'm also not getting any beep code that I can hear. anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

Probably needs a bios update, b550 boards didnt launch with the 5000 series, so they may not come with support out of box.

Luckily it does have a bios flashback option, so get a usb, and flash it with the bios flashback

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

interesting thing happened. I just tried booting it again for like the 10th time and It actually posted. I didn't even do anything differently. So I have a display now and was able to get into BIOS. Unfortunately it's not booting into windows off of my drives. Both my SSD's are detected in bios but I can't get the system to boot my windows install