There is a weird partition in BIOS boot priority section which cannot be removed by any means

oogerbooger

So I have been checking out some Linux distros and after trying out Pop Os this thing appeared in my BIOS boot priority section. I have tried everything to figure out what this is. It does not show up in Windows Disk Manager. I have removed everything except my keyboard INCLUDING the SSD itself but this thing is still there. The picture below is before i removed the SSD but it is still there. What is this? How is this possible? I literally have no storage device connected.

20211129_225028.jpg

My advice, which you probably won't like, is to just leave it.  You risk breaking things EVERY TIME you open your case.  Set it to the very bottom of the boot priority list and move on with your life.

If you really are hell bent on removing it, you can risk everything by updating your BIOS... which is something that should only be done as a last resort in cases where it is absolutely necessary to get the computer to function (which this is not).

It must be true, I read it on the internet...