Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

Seriously seriously impressed!!!! Epic unique build and it will look fantastic when it is done, not to mention powerful 

Think of all the bragging rights and internet points you now have!

Ps liking the animal humour mixed in

wow dude u need to get a patent rights and Copyright will done 

If I were to mass make desks like these I would, but since it's just a once off I guess it would be good to see other desk builds where someone has incorporated ideas from this or others to make one!

really nice build, wish i had the time and patience to do something like that!

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

I really liked your build, can't wait for the next update!

for a while I wanted to build my own case from scratch and I thought about build a desk like you did but I delayed it until my exams will be over, now that I've saw your build I was wondering about a few things.

how you plan to drill the motherboard in? and how you mounted the back I/O shield? is it permanent?

about the frame on the top-is it two pieces of wood glued together or just one piece of wood? I looked all the photos and I still didn't understand it.

I really liked your build, can't wait for the next update!

for a while I wanted to build my own case from scratch and I thought about build a desk like you did but I delayed it until my exams will be over, now that I've saw your build I was wondering about a few things.

how you plan to drill the motherboard in? and how you mounted the back I/O shield? is it permanent?

about the frame on the top-is it two pieces of wood glued together or just one piece of wood? I looked all the photos and I still didn't understand it.

The motherboard will basically be screwed to the desk, with a thick hard rubber in between, the IO shield fits into the hole that I made, and it is mounted just like any other case!

Not to sure what you mean about that one, the bottom of the bay unit is all one big slap, the four sides of the bay unit are all separate pieces (4) and are biscuit-ed together :)

I am absolutely amazed by how awesome and clean this build looks... The amount of work you have put into this is ... wow.  I would take my hat off to you if I had one, true craftmanship...

Looking forward to another update - I am sure you will get featured in the next livestream... damn I am jealous of how good that looks.

I am sure you could sell a table like that for a few thousand bucks - especially if you did a custom one like this for a customer with money...

Cheers man, you're awesome!  :blink:

So many things I could write here... things like this.

The motherboard will basically be screwed to the desk, with a thick hard rubber in between, the IO shield fits into the hole that I made, and it is mounted just like any other case!

Not to sure what you mean about that one, the bottom of the bay unit is all one big slap, the four sides of the bay unit are all separate pieces (4) and are biscuit-ed together :)

thank you for the answer!

now it's time to learn sketchup and do some awesome stuff!  :)

thank you for the answer!

now it's time to learn sketchup and do some awesome stuff!  :)

The render that I did with sketchup was suuuuper simple to do. Should take you less than a day to learn your way around it!

Didn't know if you noticed, but the last post kinda got screwed up :)

Finally, 1/2 of my PPCS order! (2/2 is the BP fittings)

IMG_6179-1.jpg

IMG_6181-2.jpg
So in this we have:
x2 Heatkiller GTX680 Blocks
x1 Heatkiller 1155 CPU Block
x1 XSPC UP7 Motherboard Block
x1 Legion Fan controller 
x2 Vandal Switches (For power/ reset) 
x1 Vandal Switch plate for the switches to sit in
IMG_6183-3.jpg

After getting over my excitement, starting sorting out the attachment brackets to hold the back ledge on
Got the drill out with a small drill bit, 2.5mm I think it was to predrill the screw holes
IMG_6184-4.jpg

IMG_6186-5.jpg
... That one screw that had to be a flat head...
IMG_6187-6.jpg

***** Some how forgot to take a picture of the final result! Will get that uploaded in the next update *****

So it was time to now move the desk to my room, and assemble the top unit to the draws and legs. TO do this there are two dry dowel fittings just to align everything for screwing, unfortunately I drilled too far and one dowel popped through.. No worries though. This is the top left inside of the draw unit, behind draws so will not be visible! Besides, all it is there to do is make things easier when coming to assembling and disassembling.
IMG_6194.jpg

To screw the bottom and side rail to the underside of the top unit, I flipped the everything upside down and drilled a hole on an angle.
Starting with the first incision to make a hole so we can essentially turn the drill 160 degrees without it slipping down the woodIMG_6196.jpg

getting more on an angle
IMG_6197.jpg

And finally going straight down at this angleIMG_6198.jpg

And all screws have been successfully screwed in holding everything in place! Though I will be adding an L bracket holding the front leg and the bottom of the lid, just for security as a thick L bracket is 10x stronger than any amount of screws
IMG_6202.jpg

Speaking of screws, I sourced out the screws that I will be using for the rad's, lotsa these!IMG_6208.jpg

Two boxes arrived at my house from which contained my speakers and fans I will be using. Which may I add was very well packaged!
IMG_6209.jpg

I went with the Microlab Solo 6C's because of their wooden carcase, and I have heard many positive reviews about these. I now just have to find a place for them..
IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6215.jpg

IMG_6216.jpg

On to the next box! Containing 5 Twin packets of the SP120 silent edition Corsair fans, and also a Twin pack of the AF120 silent edition fans also. I went with these because of the Static Pressure they create, and also how silent they are. I will only be running my desk in a PULL on the first rad and PUSH on the second. I do not think I need to have push/pull on both rads, as I want to make this thing as silent as possible. With 2 480 Monsta rads, even with a pull on one and a push on the other. It will still all be overkill in terms of cooling potential with the rads as 2 680's, a CPU and Motherboard wouldn't come close to reaching peak performance of the rads. Also the rads look nice at them from the grill. IMG_6217.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6221.jpg

On the following day I received a shipment from PPCS, which contained 2 Heatkiller 680 back plates which I forgot to order in the previous one.. and 90% of my fittings (70 in total in this order) and slipped through customs without paying an Import Tax which I am more than happy about! 
IMG_6205.jpg

I all ready ripped them all open and started planning out the loop, so left some of the fittings I had joined together as that will be how they are set
IMG_6259.jpg

IMG_6261.jpg

IMG_6262.jpg

Now that everything was finally settling down and the desk is all setup. It was time to finally put a few blocks on components. This update will be for my UP7 with its motherboard block and cpu block too.
IMG_6226.jpg

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

Putting the thermal pads, and also two small drops of Arctic Silver 5 that I have been using for a long time IMG_6243.jpg

And all screwed on! Might look at doing something about the XSPC logo on the block, would rather it be all black for preference
IMG_6245.jpg

Next up, the Heatkiller CPU block. Boy it looks epic..
IMG_6248.jpg

Pea size amount of thermal pasteIMG_6251.jpg

Once I put it on I cut a piece of my crystal link tubing to length and connected the two blocks together. The CPU block, UP7 Block and the Dominator RAM really work well together!IMG_6257.jpg
Edited by PBaines

Yeah, I added a few photo's to the original post, and it all went into HTML code when I reposted..

All fixed now :)

(There is an update at the end of page 3)

Yeah it happened to me a few times too, weird... That does look very sexy though :) (the mobo with blocks, not html code)

Amazing work sir! Absolutely love it :D . Great attention to detail. Like the slots for the fans on the inside and the grills on the outside 

can't wait to see the finished product.

FX 8150 @4.2 Ghz, Corsair h 100 i , 8Gig Kingston 1866, 256 Gig Crucial M4, Kingston V 200 64Gig ssd, Lg DVD burner, Corsair 650 D, Thermaltake TR2 850 Watt, Dual MSI 660 TI in SLI,Logitech G400, Steelseries MERC Stealth, Samsung Sync 2333

This is an amazing and exciting build keep up the great work.

Absolutely amazing!  Is this a school major work?  Band 6 for sure!

BTW the proper name is "Biscuit Joiner" and by using it you are creating a widening joint.  :) 

Absolutely amazing!  Is this a school major work?  Band 6 for sure!

BTW the proper name is "Biscuit Joiner" and by using it you are creating a widening joint.   :)

I started this in my last year of high school, about half of the way through. This year I got a full time job and found it difficult to get the time to do this project!

So it was a school project, but now just a hobby instead :)

Ahh right! Learn something new everyday, thank you!

this is gonna be insane when its finished.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

holy shit, amazing!

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @4.8 Ghz Motherbord: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: GeIL Super Luce 32GB 2400MHz | Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition |
 | SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 | Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 850W Platinum Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass |

CPU Block: Phanteks Glacier C350i GPU Block: Phanteks Full Cover GTX 1080 | GPU Back Plate: EK Full Cover EK-FC1080 GTX | Reservoir: EK RES X3 250 |
| Radiator: EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Rad | Pump: EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Plexi Tubing: EK DuraClear 8/8ID 1/2OD Tubing |
Coolant: Mayhems Non Stain Blue Dye + Distilled Water | Fittings: EK ACF 10/13mm Compression fittings black Fans: Corsair HD120 RGB & Phanteks PH-F120SP |

Monitor: 2x Samsung s34e790c (34" 21:9 3440x1440) Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB  | Mouse: Razer Mamba Chroma RGB Mouse Pad: TSM Grunge |
Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel: Logitech G920 |

That is some amazing wood work, great job

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I started this in my last year of high school, about half of the way through. This year I got a full time job and found it difficult to get the time to do this project!

So it was a school project, but now just a hobby instead :)

Ahh right! Learn something new everyday, thank you!

Oh right that's awesome, I am in my last year of school in and in woodwork making a wooden HTPC case and in Design making an arcade cabinet :) 

You sir have talent

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig