Suggestions for a Soundbar for an LG TV

Răzvan Botea

Hello guys,

So I'll be buying my dad an lg oled tv this xmas and he said he'll buy a soundbar but I'm really not into soundbars at all and would like some suggestions for purchasing one.

The tv I'll be buying is the LG 65C12LA, and for a soundbar I'd want one with a separate subwoofer unit. $500 tops.

I'm looking at this one at the moment: LG SN7Y. 

5 hours ago, Răzvan Botea said:

Hello guys,

So I'll be buying my dad an lg oled tv this xmas and he said he'll buy a soundbar but I'm really not into soundbars at all and would like some suggestions for purchasing one.

The tv I'll be buying is the LG 65C12LA, and for a soundbar I'd want one with a separate subwoofer unit. $500 tops.

I'm looking at this one at the moment: LG SN7Y. 

Might be worth a look if you can get them at US CyberMonday prices:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-VgXrGvnl2xC/p_714CIN600/Klipsch-Cinema-600.html

The Polk MagniFi and JBL Bar series are other alternatives.

10 hours ago, Răzvan Botea said:

Weirdly enough, I can only find the Cinema 400 and the 800 models here in Romania 😕 

Well the Cinema 800 is a superior model; if the price fits your budget then it may be a great option.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:43 PM, Stagea said:

Well the Cinema 800 is a superior model; if the price fits your budget then it may be a great option.

As a European you may want to buy other brands than Klipsch for price reasons. Note, Klipsch is very bright. I've had the R-51M a returned them. My 150 euro Logitech PC speakers with sub sounded better to my ears. I couldn't get them to not sound like a horn, which is to be expected with Klipsch's tweeter on that model. 

KEF, Q Acoustics, Dali,Bang & Olufsen, Bowers & Wilkins, Elac, Wharfedale,... are European brands. 

What audio is he looking for?  2.0?  2.1?  3.1?  5.1.4?  They make a variety of soundbars that will fit these.